Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Nokia E serie's are great devices. Nokia decided to no longer support BlackBerry Connect on ... General Blackberry forum

rweckhoff no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Nokia E serie's are great devices. Nokia decided to no longer support BlackBerry Connect on their devices and instead attempt to go head to head with RIM. If email is important to you - stick with a BlackBerry. The Curves are great devices.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Karlos16UK no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks once again for the input. I'll keep you informed of my final choice

latosha no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have a BB 8800 and I love it. Had it for about a year now and I would choose any other phone. Waiting for the bold to come out though so I can upgrade. The 8800 series lacks a camera though, so if u want the camera go with the 8300 series (curve). I wouldn't go with the 8100 series (pearl). Just way too small in my opinion.

I saw the Bold today next to the E71. I have to say the Nokia is a classy looking unit. Can you get different backs for the Bold? that leather look stuff looks cheap and nasty

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos16UK View Post
    I saw the Bold today next to the E71. I have to say the Nokia is a classy looking unit. Can you get different backs for the Bold? that leather look stuff looks cheap and nasty

I thought that the faux leather looks cheap...but I was wrong. You grow to like it...give it a unique look to your berry. Not so common backing. I like mine...I have had people asking me what kind of berry I was using...

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    Get a BB, youll love it. be it a bold, or a curve, youll be in love with it after about a week..

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Do let us know what you pick. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I saw the Bold today next to the E71. I have to say the Nokia is a classy looking unit.
    If all you want is to "look good" buy anything. The E71 does look good sitting there, I will agree. It's a hot looking device.

However it you plan on picking it up and using it, it totally _sucks_ compared to a BlackBerry, take it from someone who has owned several E series Nokia's and currently has the E71.

My BlackBerry 8310 blows it away....

ramsicle no está en línea Stack level 2
    i started off with a bold... got issues so bb representatives gave me a curve for 2 weeks and i couldnt stand it so when i got my bold back i was in heaven

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    If all you want is to "look good" buy anything. The E71 does look good sitting there, I will agree. It's a hot looking device.

However it you plan on picking it up and using it, it totally _sucks_ compared to a BlackBerry, take it from someone who has owned several E series Nokia's and currently has the E71.

My BlackBerry 8310 blows it away....
    Thanks for agreeing with my post archer but I think you might have miss understood my point. I was asking if you can get different backs for the Bold because the back is cheap and nasty looking compared with the E71. It also feels less well built than the Nokia which feels as if it was made from billeted steel.

Function is more important than form, but durability is also very important. I take your experience with the Nokia E series on board and as I posted earlier I am drawn towards the BB from what I've read here, however if you read reviews from Nokia fans they will be just as Partisan towards the E71.

As a new user of Smart phones I am trying to get this right before I shell out for the phone and then a couple of hundred quid to have a kit installed in my car.

Thanks for all the input guys

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F

My only advice is to try each device out in the store. Some of them you'll like more then the others, then decide via pros/conns and likes/dislikes. Hopefully you pick the BB.

Goodluck

Function is more important than form, but durability is also very important. I take your experience with the Nokia E series on board and as I posted earlier I am drawn towards the BB from what I've read here, however if you read reviews from Nokia fans they will be just as Partisan towards the E71
    For clarification, I'm a long time Nokia user & do not disagree in regards to their build quality or I would not have purchased several E series from the E60 to E71. That said, in actual usage BlackBerry models are every bit as durable. I also agree that on another forum Nokia owners are going to say they are better than a BlackBerry. However my point is that as an experienced user of both, I find the actual functionality of the BlackBerry so much better than the Symbian powered Nokia. If there were no BlackBerry then the Nokia would be a better choice than a Windows Mobile device. I continually purchase all of the devices we are discussing simply because I am an avid enthusiast of all types of mobile communications devices. As a huge advocate of progress & implementation of the latest technologies I remain open minded, thus willing to spend the amount of time & money it takes to test & use all the different brands, models & types of the major OS platforms. After it's all said & done I respect the fact that everyone has different needs and preferences. For my particular needs & usage patterns, nothing beats a BlackBerry.

Thanks again.

Is there any truth in the rumour that Orange have pulled the Bold because of quality issues?

Is there any truth in the rumour that Orange have pulled the Bold because of quality issues?
    Excellent question, I've heard this as well, as I have an office in London which keeps me apprised of these things when I'm in the states. What I do know thus far is that, the Bold rumor aside, the relationship between Orange & RIM has become a bit rocky as Orange tend to be more demanding than Vodafone thereby causing tension with RIM. As far as the Bold quality rumor, those close to Vodafone say that the Bold has been stellar. In fact the only problem of concern is if enough units can be supplied to keep up with demand. I expect to here more later today.

Cheers

Thanks keep us informed please

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast