Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New here so please be gentle I am about to replace my current phone for ... General Blackberry forum

Karlos16UK no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Hi Guys

Advertisement

New here so please be gentle

I am about to replace my current phone for a SMART unit but would like some advice as to what unit to get

I like the look of the Nokia E71 black or should I go for one of these

BB Bold

BB Curve 8300

or the 8800 series

Thanks for your help

Karl

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    What do u want to do. I have a curve 8310 which I got cause I had a pearl 8100 and wanted a bigger screen and built in GPS. I love ths specs of the bold but think it just might be a bit too big and also no 3G coverage where I live.
    There is a new Curve 83XX series due out soon. The Bold is just out which I believe replaces the 8800 series.
    I'm waiting for the new curve which I think is not too far away but if I had to buy one now I'd take a Bold.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Welcome to the site! As long as you stick to a BB because the ones you mention are great, better then that Nokia.
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Hey, welcome to pinstack. Here we all would say stick with a BB... Now the one you choose is totally up to you. Plenty of choices. Trust me, the blackberry experience is one of a kind. You will not regret it. Let us know what you choose. See you around! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks guys

Is the Bold really better than the Nokia or are you all just a wee bit biased?

I held the Nokia today and it is a great piece of kit, but I have wanted to get into the BB thang for a while

map1978 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos16UK View Post
    Thanks guys

Is the Bold really better than the Nokia or are you all just a wee bit biased?

I held the Nokia today and it is a great piece of kit, but I have wanted to get into the BB thang for a while
    I had the e71-2 (north american 3G) and it was great. believe it or not it was just too thin and i dropped it twice on my carpet and had to get rid of it. where else can you get 3G, wifi, GPS, fm radio, and a phone built like a tank for $400? NOWHERE!

It's gonna be personal preference though. if you need email on the go than a BB is the way to go, no question.

if you like wow factor and a great built phone than go with the e71..symbian is one heck of a stable OS

this is just my opinion

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Well of course we're biased, Karlos, but if you're been reading the threads for at all, you'll see that most if not all of your UK brethren who currently own the Bold absolutely love it.

There's nothing like a BlackBerry.

Some reviews say the BB push email is poor though

I am almost sold in the Bold

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Some reviews say the BB push email is poor though
    Not hardly! I sometimes get e-mail on my device before it even lands in my laptop Inbox!

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    I am almost sold in the Bold
    The Bold is an amazing device. You can't compare the Bold with Nokia...It is just like comparing apples and oranges...

As for the push email, I have had no problems with it. Got my emails instantly. Just my two cents...

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Any of the newer Blackberries are the "cream of the crop" (no pun intended). Bold, Curve, Pearl-pick your poison. Welcome to Pinstack.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    New here so please be gentle
    I am about to replace my current phone for a SMART unit but would like some advice as to what unit to get I like the look of the Nokia E71 black or should I go for one of these BB Bold BB Curve 8300
    or the 8800 series
    I have each of the phones you have listed here.
    The E71 is a nice unit and does it's job quite well, but it's not even close to the BlackBerry in several areas. Besides the legendary BB push mail which is very fast, stable, reliable and the very best mobile email solution, BlackBerry's are just so much more intuitive in how the UI is designed. Especially the new ones. When it comes to suggesting from the models you have listed I have two to comment on.

The 83xx Curve will save you about $200 over the Bold. The Curve is my favorite and the one that I'm currently using. I have every current model of BB and favor the Curve as I find it to have the best keyboard and I handle 80+emails per day.

The Bold on the other hand will be an exceptional BB model, but far more expensive and unless you absolutely need the extra features, it could be a waste of money. I plan on buying a Bold because I like to have experience with every BlackBerry and then decide if it suits me. However I will be keeping my Curve and not switching over to it full time until the Bold has proven itself to meet my needs better than the Curve. If there is anything I've learned over the years of owning many phones, laptops, etc, is that newer is not always better. I've also learned that there are some models that when looking back were the best for a long period of time before that very same manufacturer built one that worked better for my individual needs.

Here again is one of the huge advantages of buying a BlackBerry is that they are very well supported for a very long period of time. Too many people get caught up in getting the most expensive, latest device, for the wrong reasons. If you truly need it and will use it then great. However if on the other hand, you do not need all the features, why pay for them when a device like the 83xx is a great model that lies in the sweet spot of having everything you need, and nothing you do not. Just something to think about.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Go with a BB... If you've never had one you will sure love it. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Carter View Post
    Go with a BB... If you've never had one you will sure love it. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    This is so true...I used my first berry which was the 8700r then being stupid changed to the Razr....that was the biggest mistake....now it is Berry all the way!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast