Hey I'm new to this whole blackberry world and I need a little assistance I ... General Blackberry forum

mrpringlez no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304B6584

Hey People

Advertisement

Hey I'm new to this whole blackberry world and I need a little assistance I just would like to know how to put programs and themes on my BB using the application loader and if there are any OS updates or email viewing updates available to make my blackberry experience more enjoyable.Any bit of help would be much appreciated.

bbueding no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    What phone do you have, who is your carrier, what OS is on your phone?

yettiman2208 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    For the application loader part: download an app that you want. If it comes as a zip then unzip it to a folder you can find. Open up ur desktop manager , connect BB. Then go to apllication loader. It will load up the apps on ur BB. From there there is a option to add. Click uit and navigate to the folder where u unzipped the app (if it was zipped) (I don't remember the extensions for apps :/ ) you will see a file for the app. . Load it up. That process also works for themes! Maybe someone can fill in the gaps. Like file extensions! via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    That outlines it pretty well! Now all you need to make sure is that the application is for your phone model, as some apps run on smaller/larger screens and that is about it! shouldn't be too hard as most apps will recognize the device, while others such as themes will be device specific and in some occasions are non existent to any other device except the one that is mentioned. Hope this helps
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    there are many FAQ's on the site. I would poke around on them,. You can download anything that is phone compat. and asfar as email clients.
    Gmail, Yahoo, Blackberry.net, what more could a guy want! (and girl)
    Using your DM to load up apps and themes you have to make sure that the theme you are picking is Device specific.
    ei. I've got a Pearl 8100 4.2 OS,
    So i can put themes on my phone that are 8100 , 4.2 OS . i couldnt put 8830 4.3 on my phone. its windows 95 vs XP really. .
    Just read the FAQ's and then poke around on your berry for alittle while.
    Once you Reload the OS a couple times things will start clicking!

Welcome to Pinstack!

mrpringlez no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304B6584

Thumbs up Thanks !

Thanks for all your help guys ! this was very helpful I've transformed from a rookie to a pro with all of your help thanx again !Peace
    Don't Get Mad Get $Money$ Why They Call Me Mr.Pringlez You Ask ? Cuz I Stack My Chips... Ow !