Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

you might want to try reloading the software for your device. May just be an ... General Blackberry forum

semiar no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: HERE'S a freaking suggestion for RIM

Advertisement

you might want to try reloading the software for your device. May just be an issue with the install

snoweey no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f389df

Re: HERE'S a freaking suggestion for RIM

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~no it is not an install issue I have updated my 8800 os and still receive the issue.
    It is annoying as hell and I agree rim should be able to easily fix this.
    I love my today screen its the only reason a kinda like windows mobile.

There are 2 work arounds for the issue though.
    1. Only read the message from the message list not directly from the today screen. If you have one on it mark as unread and read again from the messages list.
    2. Do a battery pull (only way to clear if you have deleted the message)

ebanga no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24352F80

Re: HERE'S a suggestion for RIM

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I think it may be an issue with another app. Some conflict maybe. Cuz mine works just fine.
    But if your getting tired of the wife seeing the GF's SMS's then it may pay to switch themes ...doh!

todbauer no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've seen a few mentions of a today plus theme. Is this different than the regular today theme? If it is, is it available for the 8703e, and where can I get it. The sms issue is quite a pain.

Thanks

Prorock no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionCSR
    Be glad you can even change themes, and custom themes at that!!! It's an extra

Cant do that with other phones.
    You are right and I am glad I can change themes. It is one of the many reasons that I bought a BlackBerry. However I don't consider it an extra. BlackBerry devices generaly cost more than other phones because of the features that come with them. If I am going to spend the money on a BlackBerry it would be nice if all the features worked as they should.

NXTLuser no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    40094a59

Easy fix for sms issue

All you have to do is delete two or more messages at once to get rid of the sms stuck on the homescreen.

To delete multiple messages hold the CAP button and scroll over two or more messages.

Easy fix

Re: Here's a suggestion for RIM

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Will give it a shot. Thanks

superkrai no está en línea Stack level 2

Hey prorock,

I had the same exact problem. Do you by chance happen to use a Seidio holster with the magnet? I used two different pearls with the same holster and both have me the same issue. Then I purchased a different holster and problem went away

superkrai no está en línea Stack level 2

Just to expand on what I wrote before, I played with both phones for a few weeks before getting a new holster. I tried each phone for a few days unholstered and never experienced the problem. Then I holstered the phone and the very next text msg received got stuck on the home screen and the only way for me to fix was to do a battery pull. Then I went another few days unholstered without any problems. So I again put in holster and this time it went two messages before getting stuck. I kept this up for three weeks rotating between holstered and unholstered with the same results every time.

I decided to buy the exact same holster from Seidio and its been 4 months with no issues. My only guess is the first holster had a bad magnet.
    Also, both phones were running the same os 4.2.0.64 and I never tried updating the os.

bruiser_04 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243FCD27

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have found after you read the message back out so you are in the message folder and then delete it, this has kept mine from sticking to the today plus theme.

Quote Originally Posted by superkrai
    Just to expand on what I wrote before, I played with both phones for a few weeks before getting a new holster. I tried each phone for a few days unholstered and never experienced the problem. Then I holstered the phone and the very next text msg received got stuck on the home screen and the only way for me to fix was to do a battery pull. Then I went another few days unholstered without any problems. So I again put in holster and this time it went two messages before getting stuck. I kept this up for three weeks rotating between holstered and unholstered with the same results every time.

I decided to buy the exact same holster from Seidio and its been 4 months with no issues. My only guess is the first holster had a bad magnet.
    Also, both phones were running the same os 4.2.0.64 and I never tried updating the os.

I have the Noreve flip case with a magnet. This happens when the BB is in sleep mode like you said. I will try it with the case open and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser_04
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have found after you read the message back out so you are in the message folder and then delete it, this has kept mine from sticking to the today plus theme.
    That works for me except when the phone is locked. If I JUST get a message and promptly unlock the phone to look at it the phone will jump right to the message. Is there any way stop this?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by Prorock
    You are right and I am glad I can change themes. It is one of the many reasons that I bought a BlackBerry. However I don't consider it an extra. BlackBerry devices generaly cost more than other phones because of the features that come with them. If I am going to spend the money on a BlackBerry it would be nice if all the features worked as they should.
    All the theme that RIM provides are free. Not once have I seen a RIM provided theme offered for a price. However, a lot of individuals have decided to charge for the themes that they have created and are offering for your use. You don't have to pay if you don't want, just don't use that theme. Why shouldn't they be compensated for the work they put in. And most do provide some of their themes for free downloads.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~True sir, I am with you 100% when it comes to paying for a theme that is created by a third party. However I don't feel that a theme that comes with the phone is free. That is why I don't understand that there is not a patch for the today theme. Pulling the battery out everytime you receive a SMS on a $400 and up phone seems kind of silly to me.

Quote Originally Posted by superkrai

Yeah, Today theme seems to work out of the hoslter. Messages do not stick. Wonder why?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast