Hi all, I am new to pinstack and fairly new to the blackberry. I had ... General Blackberry forum

Usarmyaircav no está en línea Stack level 2

Help with which BB

Advertisement

Hi all,
    I am new to pinstack and fairly new to the blackberry. I had a nextel blackberry no clue on the model for one job I was at. Now am looking for one for my personal/business use (1 man band). I like the perl due to the mp3 player, but am used to the larger keyboards on the older device I had. I am going with T-mobile as I already have 1 account there, and cingular is more than I want to spend per month on my fledgling business income. I suspect when the 8820? comes out for Tmobile I will want to upgrade to that.

So what are your thoughts? I expect to be doing a fair amount of email support for my client and maybe some surfing

Todd

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Help with which BB

Welcome to the Stacks Todd, it sounds like if you want to stay with TMO, the 8820 will probably be your best bet. The only problem is can you wait for it to come out. Some reports say April....

Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    Welcome to the Stacks Todd, it sounds like if you want to stay with TMO, the 8820 will probably be your best bet. The only problem is can you wait for it to come out. Some reports say April....
    Yeah due to the amount of people I know on Tmobile, I can talk for free to them. I would love to wait, but I suspect my client is going to want me to be up and running come April 1. Which that might be too late to wait for an 8820.

So I am trying to decide that if I need a bb before then whether or not to go with the 8100 or 8700g. I should have been more clear on that. sorry.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Sorry. The 8700 is a fantastic option if you like a full keyboard.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

8700 is good, but hopefully the 8820 can be released earlier!

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

Welcome to pinstack...8700g is a great device but if you can wait.....

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

I would definately get the 8700. Its a very nice device. Qwerty keypad large screen excellent speakerphone. Its a great device. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4

It seems the full keyboard is very important to you, as it is too me. Either wait, switch or the 8700 is my advice

Quote Originally Posted by icancn2u
    It seems the full keyboard is very important to you, as it is too me. Either wait, switch or the 8700 is my advice
    I am not sure if the full keyboard is important to me so much as I have used it and have familiarity with it. If the sure type of the 8100 works well, I could probably go that route. Besides the keyboard is there anything that the 8700 has over the perl?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

You can compare full specs at blackberry.com. The device comparison tool will actually list specs side-by-side. The Pearl is a generation "newer" than the 8700. It's counterpart is the 88XX family of devices. The Pearl has, of course, the camera and media features that the 87XX is lacking but those are the major differences. You really need a week or two to fully try out SureType. I recommend determining which keyboard you prefer as it's a make-or-break feature for most people. I personally can't stand SureType.