Hi All, New to the forum, and I'm having some issues with receiveing a certain ... General Blackberry forum

Jaybird242 no está en línea Stack level 1

Help with html emails on my BB

Advertisement

Hi All,

New to the forum, and I'm having some issues with receiveing a certain email template from work on my BB. I tried posting this question on another BB forum but never got response back so I thought I would come over here to see if anyone here can help me.

I have been tasked at work to redesign one of our email notifications templated to make it BB freindly. We are currently using Outlook 2003 to send the email communication out which means it is being edited in word and set out in HTML format. I know that BB's don't receive HTML emails so I've been trying to figure out how to redesign the template.

As an example I came up with a format of :

Name:
    Address:
    Phone:

So when this get sent out it looks corect in the email i receive in outlook but shows up on my BB as:

Name:

Address:

Phone:

I need to find a way to get rid of the line breaks on the BB. I thought that there was some HTML coding in the template still since it is being edited by Word and have tried everything I could think of to reformat it and now I'm stuck.

I even went as far as to download the trial version of empower to see if that was a simple fix. But the email message still shows the same on my BB (as above) with or without empower installed.

I am currently using a Curve 8310 with OS 4.2 installed. Just incase that makes a difference, but I need to get this working for the entire company and everyone has different BB's here.

Any help is appreciated, I'm starting to get a little frustrated.

Thanks

tiger123sw no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24207ab3

Re: Help with html emails on my BB

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Try changing the page width. maybe the template in word is set up for 8.5 x 11 paper try seting the template width down to 4" wide or so.. see what that does

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3

Don't know if this wil make a bit of difference, but what about using shift+Enter at the end of a line rather than just Enter? (If I'm thinking about this correcty, this should make the end of the line a <br> rather than a <p> which might make it render differently.)

So rather than using:

Name: <enter>
    Address: <enter>

try using:

Name: <shift+enter>
    Address: <shift+enter>

and see where that gets you.
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

Thanks for the quick responses.. I'll give both a try and see where it gets me.

Quote Originally Posted by applejosh View Post
    Don't know if this wil make a bit of difference, but what about using shift+Enter at the end of a line rather than just Enter? (If I'm thinking about this correcty, this should make the end of the line a <br> rather than a <p> which might make it render differently.)

So rather than using:

Name: <enter>
    Address: <enter>

try using:

Name: <shift+enter>
    Address: <shift+enter>

and see where that gets you.
    This one seems to be working.. I'll have to do some more testing to be sure, but it is looking good on my BB now. Thanks for the help.. you guys are awesome!! Looks like I've found my new BB home.

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3

If it does work out, I'm just glad I could actually contribute something to this great site.
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3