Ok, first if this is in wrong place mods please move it, ok here is ... General Blackberry forum

Angus_413 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

HELP with gmail account

Advertisement

Ok, first if this is in wrong place mods please move it, ok here is my deal, I added my gmail to my phone and everything was fine coming through smooth. I'm new to gmail so of course I forget my passsword! So I do the password reset on pc, forget to change it in the berry. I got an email last night saying my gmail account can no longer push the mail due to password problems. So I go to the berry and try to change the password, well it won't work, says invalid username or password. I did a batt pull, still no luck, I re-sent service books, nothing. I know the password and username is right now, cause I've logged on the pc with it, and used gtalk on the berry??? And yes I made sure I spelled it right lol so anyhelp here would be great, thanks guys
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

pigigi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Did you try deleting the account entirely and re-adding it to your berry?

jonesjj no está en línea Stack level 3
    Log into your bis account through your carrier and change the password there.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Gusgus who is your carrier? Usually you can go to their site and do a search for BlackBerry BIS. Email and they will take you to the email setup login. If you don t know your info there is a place there to send it to your BB. Once you log in you can change your password or I think it says to reconfigure your email acct. Do that and it will all be done and you should be back in business in 20 min

Hope this helps..

thbassman
    Last edited by thbassman; 03-09-2009 at 11:32 PM.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Cool, yea I deleted it and tried to add it again, no go. I have verizon as carrier, and have not tried to go to their site and do it that way, but I will sure try that when I get home, ill let ya know how it goes, thanks guys.

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Let me know I will be up for a while and set up a ton of these for ppl when I worked in wireless

Hope this helps....

Thbassman

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Sounds good thbassman, I don't get off work till 3am eastern time so it will be awhile before I can do it. I will post back soon as I give it a go

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Well I may be asleep by then, I will check this one first thing tomm. Post back if you have any issues.
    Hope this helps...

Thbassman

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Gus, this happen to me with my gmail... And it was aggravating... I had changed the password on all 7 of my gmail accounts... Updated 6 of them successfully and then all of a sudden, one of the didn't...

It automatically fixed itself after the 24 hour mark...

I know that gmail tells you to sometimes wait 24 hrs if you have forgotten your passwords and don't have secondary email, and this may just be one of their weird things...

Wait on it for another few hrs and ull see that it will work...

Good luck...

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    ok well ive tried to go to verizons BIS that didnt work, and its been more than 24 hours. I only got the gmail to use the lattitude so i hardley get any mail to it, i may try to put it back on in a week or so, but for now im done trying to figure it out lol thanks alot though guys

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Gusgus, if you care, their IT can get you the info needed to log in there and fix things. . . or were you able to and still not get anything resolved? ????
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    When I got to verizons BIS on pc it asked me to log in, I tried and it wouldn't let me, I did request password, and it sent an email saying I didn't have a password or email??? Don't know maybe I didn't go to right site? Its really not a big deal as I don't really use gmail for anything but google latitude, it just ticking me off cause I can't figure it out lol

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Have you signed up for an account with the verizon bis site yet?

Cuz u can add email accounts to your berry without needing to create a bis account...

But as far as the gmail thing is concerned... It'll work on its own... Trust me... I went mad and then it just worked...

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    red, you hit it right on the head, i had pretty much gave up, then 2 min ago i thought what the heck, grabed my berry went to email setup, and bam it worked. wasnt quite 24 hours more like 48 but it accepted it lol thanks for all the help and suggestions guys

PIN/ID
    ask me
    No worries GUS... Even berries have brainfarts...