I attempted to transfer my SD card from one blackberry to another. I receive an ... General Blackberry forum

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Question Help with Encrypted SD card

Advertisement

I attempted to transfer my SD card from one blackberry to another. I receive an error message stating that the date is encrypted and cannot be read by the new device. I have to put it back into the original device. So how do I get the data from the SD to the new blackberry?
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Place the card back into the first BB. Go to Options > Memory and see if 'Encryption Mode' is set to anything except 'None'. If not, change it to that. That should remove the encryption from the media card.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Did that. No go. I also tried transferring the data to pc, formatting sd card then putting data back onto card.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I've you moved all the data over and formatted the card, I'd say the data is gone. I can't say specifically as I've never dissected RIM's encryption methods, but I'd be almost willing to be money some sort of encryption header is stored on the card to be used as part of the whole method when accessed by the device.

"I am the gatekeeper. Are you the keymaster?" -- Rick Morranis

Something to that effect.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Ok, I figured a way around it. Copy the data from the SD card to your PC. Put the SD card into the new Blackberry and format it. Connect to your PC. Copy and past all of your data ONLY to the appropriate folders when you access the phone from "my computer".

Hope this helps anyone who has run into the same issue that I did. And oh yeah, if you don't store anything on your SD card that is sensitive, turn off encryption.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)