Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a friend with a Blackberry 8100 on TMobile, last week her email at ... General Blackberry forum

BamaFan2989 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask :)

Help with Email.

Advertisement

I have a friend with a Blackberry 8100 on TMobile, last week her email at work was cut off, and she lost all of her emails, which were synched of course. Every email received on Outlook, was also received on the Pearl.

When they cut off the email though, all her emails on her computer were lost, and they only remain on her Pearl.

How can we go about getting all the emails off of the phone and back into Outlook?

The admin is scared to set it back up, because she would lose all the emails on the phone, and she needs them off the phone before she can get it set back up at work?

Any help? Post or PIN.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Bama, is she on BES at work? Why wouldn't those e-mails still be on the server?

Guess I'm confused when you say that her e-mail was "cut off".

PIN/ID
    Yeah I am confused too, because I don't know anything about BES, and it doesn't sound like her admin knows what she's doing exactly.

So now we are just stuck at getting them off of the phone.

I don't either. I would think, though that BES is a two-way thing, so if it's set up properly, the sync would pull the e-mails back on to the Exchange Server and subsequently back into Outlook.

Perhaps we can get a mod to move this to the BES forum?

PIN/ID
    I thought it would get more replies here, cause I am at her house and kind of needing to fix it tonight in the next 30 minutes or so.

Her email account on the server got deleted, but the deleted emails weren't reflected on the Blackberry, just in her Outlook.

Like I said, just trying to get them off the phone and back onto Outlook at this point.

Ah, well if they're not on the server, I could be wrong, but I don't think there's a way to recover them. I sent a PM to a BES expert. Hopefully he'll be able to come in and shed some light on this scenario.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    When you say her email was "cut-off", do you know if she was physically deleted from the Exchange server or the "Active Directory"?

It sounds like she has checked her email and there is no mail there, correct? And she was set back-up properly onto the Exchange server via the PC where she is using Outlook?

PIN/ID
    I hope so too, thanks a lot for your help, I appreciate it.

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaFan2989 View Post
    I thought it would get more replies here, cause I am at her house and kind of needing to fix it tonight in the next 30 minutes or so.
    Does she access her work email from home via Outlook? If so, is she on a VPN or is she using OWA?

PIN/ID
    I think physically deleted. Because the organization is shutting down. She said the only messages she is getting is gmail messages, the admin is afraid to set her back up because she doesn't want her deleting all of those emails.

I can't really communicate this well because I have no way to talk to the admin, and neither of them really know A LOT about Berrys.

PIN/ID
    Before the lady "cut her off" she was on VPN, but right now her Berry has no ties or connections with her work, because of the being afraid she will lose the emails on her phone.

The synchronization from Berry to Outlook in Blackberry Desktop Manager isn't working.

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Well, first off, I would do a back-up, then if something does happen, she can still access those emails with the "ABC Amber Converter" and print or do whatever she may need to do with them.

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaFan2989 View Post
    Before the lady "cut her off" she was on VPN, but right now her Berry has no ties or connections with her work, because of the being afraid she will lose the emails on her phone.

The synchronization from Berry to Outlook in Blackberry Desktop Manager isn't working.
    And it won't when her device is set to sync wirelessly with a BES. She can easily do the back-up though, get re-added to the BES, and then restore the messages to her device that she is wanting to save.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Thanks, Kaleb.

Bama, Desktop Manager doesn't sync e-mails......just calendar, contacts, tasks, etc.

PIN/ID
    So if she backs up the phone completely, then the woman sets the exchange server back up, and she restores the back up to her berry, then it should sync up and everything will be like it was?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast