Hello, I have had my blackberry now for about a month, love it use it ... General Blackberry forum

hallway no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30126B93

Question HELP!! What is this?? Emails from server?

Advertisement

Hello, I have had my blackberry now for about a month, love it use it constantly. I have a serious problem though now and I have no clue what to do... today I have received about 15 of these types of emails:

This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry Handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.

BEGINETP 109
    Ac0R8sgAAAAAIBAIMzAxMjZCOTMgEmphc29oYWxsQGdtYWlsLm NvbQAkGWT7UAVDTUlNRQNA
    gICAgDIAADBBMkUwRDVBNytHKzEACVPxNzsnd7O1XmKeFY//2AAZkMOYvEUZjMWDUQSUr0oW
    +w!!
    ENDETP 218199704

These are all received by my gmail account, which I have set up as a pop account and web account. On the web account side it archives the emails after it downloads to pop. The only thing I can think of is that I was playing around with the software and installed blackberry redirector software when I really don't need it. I disabled the functions and uninstalled it and it's STILL happening! :cry:

What are these emails, what causes them, what can I do to stop them?? Thanks and I appreciate any help.

PS. This is also my first post. If I've posted this in the wrong place I'm sorry, I'm desperate .

Jason

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: HELP!! What is this?? Emails from server?

Anyone else getting this?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I use gmail in the BIS, but I have never seen that!

Perhaps it is something funky with redirector? (But I've never used redirector, so I'm not an expert on that.)

Have you tried re-sending your BIS service books?

Do you get those emails in your gmail inbox? (Or archives?) if you do, check the sender. It may even be spam??? A lot of my gmail spam looks weird like that. Is spam filtering turned on in your gmail?

Perhaps worst case is getting your provider to delete your BIS, you wipe your BB, and start over again without getting redirector involved.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

HaMakor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203813B3

Hi Jason,
    This is the message that's sent out when activating a BlackBerry for BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server - just in case you needed to know that). There are two common causes for this: you've run Enterprise Activation from your handheld, or the Desktop software has been installed with Redirector. If it's the EA process running from your handheld, you can go into the Enterprise Activation window and use the wheel selector to cancel the activation. If it's the Desktop Redirector, you need to uninstall the Desktop software and reinstall it without the Redirector.
    I hope this helps,
    Mike

eatmypiano no está en línea BES Pro

You may be forwarding emails from your GMail account but those emails aren't coming from GMail. Your BB is creating ETP messages for when it next talks a BES. There's two reasons for this, both mentioned above. You've either tried to do an EA or you installed the Desktop Manager and checked the box that connects you to a BES.

Delete any service books that contain the word Desktop - if you installed desktop manager, remove it and re-install it without checking the Domino or Exchange boxes, and then re-sync the device.

Better still, since you've got Prosumer service, just integrate your GMail account (you have to log in to gMail and enable it for POP3 then add it to BIS).