Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I read from another user that I could download another companies software to unlock my ... General Blackberry forum

pipesfamily no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask

Help unlocking gps software

Advertisement

I read from another user that I could download another companies software to unlock my gps software on my verizon 8330 curve, I'd anyone could email me some info on how to do this I would very very thankful to them my mail is xxxxxx@vzw.blackberry.net, also there is a new os for my phone 4.5.0.101 and I cannot get it to update from 4.5.0.77 if u also have some help on this. Thank u
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 06-28-2009 at 08:26 PM.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    About the only chance I know for you is to install 4.5.0.160 and HOPE that it unlocks it enough to use with BB Maps and, maybe, Google Maps. It's worked for some at least, me among them. Good luck.

I don't know of any "other companies" software that will unlock your GPS.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Edited out your email address so as not to attract spam bots pipesfamily.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    About the only chance I know for you is to install 4.5.0.160 and HOPE that it unlocks it enough to use with BB Maps and, maybe, Google Maps. It's worked for some at least, me among them. Good luck.

I don't know of any "other companies" software that will unlock your GPS.
    Well I read on pinstack that u could download another carries software and remove a file I think was called vendor.xml and I need to know which carries are fully unlockd their gps and how I can force the programming into my phone cause the bb manager won't let me update my phone I downloaded all 70 mb's of it and all it would update is the help file, and bb maps sucks cause it won't give u a satalite view that's why I am trying to get my gps unlocked

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl View Post
    Edited out your email address so as not to attract spam bots pipesfamily.
    Yea I forgot about that sorry. Thank u lavagirl

You can use another carrier's OS for your device by installing on your p-c and deleting the vendor file. However, to my knowledge there is no software to unlock the devices GPS except paid for aps that are sold for that purpose as well as GPS navigation.

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pipesfamily View Post
    I read from another user that I could download another companies software to unlock my gps software on my verizon 8330 curve, I'd anyone could email me some info on how to do this I would very very thankful to them my mail is xxxxxx@vzw.blackberry.net, also there is a new os for my phone 4.5.0.101 and I cannot get it to update from 4.5.0.77 if u also have some help on this. Thank u
    Bad info. Nothing you can do to your device can make GPS work on any free mapping program other than BlackBerry Maps. The GPS is restricted by Verizon at their PDE server and on a Curve regardless of what carrier OS only BlackBerry Maps, TeleNav, and VZNavigator can authenticate. People have even tried hacking Google Maps with the VZNavigator authentication info and that still didn't work. Serious, nothing you can do but switch to a carrier that doesn't restrict like Sprint or get a device that is less restricted (Storm, Tour, etc.).
    Last edited by dgburns; 06-28-2009 at 10:44 PM.

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    The restriction that verizon puts on there 8330 curve really sucks. There is know way of unlocking you gps on your device. The only way is to purchase an external puck to put on your phone or purchase vz navigator.

PIN/ID
    ask
    verizon's update page doesn't even give me the option for .160 only .101 and it wont even load on my phone cause bb manager only looks at teh 4.5.0 not the 4.5.0.77

PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    You have to down load the os from I think telnus to get the 4.5.0.160 and delete the vendor file. If you follow lavagirl's instructions for upgrading and backing up your device. Also her instructions for deleting the vendor file you should be just fine.

PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    Maybe one of the other pinstackers can give you a link. I'm not on a computer right now and can't look up the exact link.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    I think you can unlock the GPS restrictions from the engineering screen of your blackberry. I was in there on my storms engineering screen and under GPS there is a option to remove all restrictions for GPS. Dont know if this will work but if anyone wants to try contact me
    Last edited by jeffallen8; 06-29-2009 at 01:28 PM.
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Anyone on verizon that wants to try to unlock there GPS email me I'm looking to test my theory
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffallen8 View Post
    Anyone on verizon that wants to try to unlock there GPS email me I'm looking to test my theory
    I PM'd you Jeff - I'm on Alltel BTW. It's close but not the same I presume.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffallen8 View Post
    I think you can unlock the GPS restrictions from the engineering screen of your blackberry. I was in there on my storms engineering screen and under GPS there is a option to remove all restrictions for GPS. Dont know if this will work but if anyone wants to try contact me
    How do o get onto this screen on the curve 8330?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast