Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Suddenly (overnight with no change that I'm aware of) when I go to my browser ... General Blackberry forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Help! Strange stuff going on,

Advertisement

Suddenly (overnight with no change that I'm aware of) when I go to my browser and select menuptions:browser configuration I'm missing my "start page" which I had set to Bookmarks Page. Further now, when I start the browser it goes to Blackberry.com! I forgot to mention that, although my auto on settings are set to turn on at 6:30am weekdays and weekends, my phone turned itself on at 4:30 am this morning. Yes the time's set correctly.

I have re-registered, cleared cache, rebooted and all the normal stuff - everything short of reinstalling the OS which I'd like to NOT have to do. Any suggestions? BB 8330, OS 4.5.0.160.

I thought I knew the basics at least but this one throws me completely!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wow, that is strange, JB, at least the part about not having that Start Page option anymore. I have mine browser configured to do the same thing as you.

I thought I read somewhere that somebody else loaded a new OS and had the BlackBerry browser default to BlackBerry.com.

Kinda sounds like something your carrier pushed out in the middle of the night, but why that option no longer exists, I don't know.

I know! My daughter is visiting so I compared it to hers this morning just to make sure I hadn't gone nuts. Also, I went into set up email to resend service books and that wasn't there. The option to send service books also isn't on the alltel.blackberry.com site where all my emails are founds. (I think that's where that stuff is found.)

My only explanation is that I'm using an Alltel 8330 that has been converted to the Verizon system and THAT may account for some of it. Otherwise, I don't know. (Thanks for the reply tho)
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

boricua no está en línea Stack level 3
    The option to resend service books is located under help when you log into your BIS website.

Thanks, boricua. I went back and looked and I had tried using "email help" - The "help" itself was WAAAAY over on the other side at the bottom - I had completely missed it! Didn't solve my problem but at least I know how to find it. (It's still not in my email setup. )

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Have you tried deleting all your service books from your device? Then pull the battery and when the device boots backs up it goes and looks for the service books its needs to run. Like the very first time you turned on the device. Backup your data first as you know
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

I haven't tried that Jeff. I'd try it but I'm afraid that I'd get into having to set up a bunch of stuff or some other goofy thing would go wrong and I don't want to cause myself any MORE trouble! The phone, etc., works - it's just that things start working differently for no apparent reason and it bugs me.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    I wont erase all your settings, I must of mislead you. It will only go grab the service books
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

Jeff, you know a way to del them all at once or do I have to del them one at a time?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Try just deleting your browser service book and resending first JB, I have had a similar issue after upgrading and that solved it.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

OK. Thanks, Az. I'll try that this am and, if that doesn't get it I'll delete 'em all and try again. I'll post back the results.

IT WORKED! I deleted ONLY the browser, rebooted and I'm back to normal and I can be (semi-) sane again.! Thanks a million to Azstar, Jeff and everyone for the replies and help! It was a perplexing problem with an easy fix......once was told how to fix it.

Have you had your hands on a 9650 yet, JB?

Not yet. I guess I need to go do that! I keep waiting for an announcement that 6.0 is out or BB is coming out with a new zippy processor or some miracle to "drive" me to RUN to the store.

Well, that device is slated for the 6.0 upgrade, so you might as well!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast