I am hoping someone can help save this blackberry customer from a very "un-blackberry" experience. ... General Blackberry forum

lirong no está en línea Stack level 1

Help Save a New BB Users from Delayed Email!

Advertisement

I am hoping someone can help save this blackberry customer from a very "un-blackberry" experience.

I am using a BBerry 8800 with a corporate BES server on Cingular. My emails are routinely taking upwards of 3-4 minutes, sometimes as many as 10, to get to my device.

My IT Support called Blackberry for troubleshooting, and they suggested its a Cingular issue. Cingular of course says its a Blackberry issue.
    Essentially, the emails are often only downloading when my device proactively "pulls" from the network...and this is something the device does automatically every 3-10 minutes or so. If I know there is an email waiting and I hit "Reconcile Now" the emails will come, but if not, they wont show up for extended periods of time. Blackberry tech support's opinion is that "the wireless network is not maintaining a connection to the handhelds."

Does anyone have any ideas, suggestions, etc. on how I can figure out this problem and solve it? If it persists I will have to go back to a non-BB device and use Good Technology which works fine in seconds - and would be ironic that someone is switching FROM blackberry due to their corporate email usage needs!

Thanks.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Re: Help Save a New BB Users from Delayed Email!

Why is 3-4 to 10 minutes not fast enough? You need to ask yourself if you really need to be that connected all the time?

I am onBIs and Ifind that 15-20 minutes is good enough. If someone really needs to get me, they can wit 20 minutes or they can call. Pretty simple if you ask me.

Although, I agree that email via BES should arrive much quicker. Are you perhaps using redirector as well?

lirong no está en línea Stack level 1

Regardless of whether 10 minutes is "fast enough" (and sorry to say it most certainly is NOT), its certainly far off the way the BES should be functioning...so I definitely want to understand why its not functioning properly...

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

I have BIS and I get my emails almost instantly. Sometimes I randomly test it to see, heck, I have gotten my email on my BB before it shows up in my email account.

This sounds like an issue with the BES itself. I am no BES expert.

Have you tried a battery pull on the BB? Is there a way the BB can reconnect to the BES system? Is anyone else having this problem?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks lirong.

Did your IT department go through your Blackberry and Desktop Redirector with you to make sure all the settings are accurate? There might be one option that is inaccurate.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

There really aren't any client-side settings to adjust to deal with BES delivery delays. In some cases, the device can be the problem but you can generally determine this by checking with other users on the same BES.