so i have TWO push weather services on my 8300 (don't ask), and i'd like ... General Blackberry forum

alevy1122 no está en línea Stack level 2

help removing push weather

Advertisement

so i have TWO push weather services on my 8300 (don't ask), and i'd like to remove them both. i've found posts elsewhere that say you have to go back to mobile.blackberry.com to unsubscribe to them, but i'll be damned if i can find anywhere there that'll let me do that.

any help would be much appreciated!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    It seems that the push weather service is no longer on the mobile.blackberry.com site.......I spent quite a while looking for it yesterday and was unable to find it. Try this, open your browser and look around in bookmarks for "browser channels" and delete the weather channels there.

Let me know if you can't find it or if that doesn't work. Let me know if that does work too, that way I'll know in the future for advising others. I can't test it because I don't have any subscriptions to push weather at the moment.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Deleting Push weather:

Go to Browser>bookmarks>browser channels...Delete push content from channel. (Make sure afterward you delete push content from cache. (while in browser; options>cache operations>pushed content...)

alevy1122 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i can delete the channels no problem - thing is, they always come back when my service books, etc., are re-pushed!

seems like now that the push weather channels are gone from mobile.blackberry.com, there's no way to remove them if you're subscribed to them!

Paian no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by alevy1122 View Post
    i can delete the channels no problem - thing is, they always come back when my service books, etc., are re-pushed!

seems like now that the push weather channels are gone from mobile.blackberry.com, there's no way to remove them if you're subscribed to them!
    I try to help a frd delete it but like you said, I cannot find the channel

i remember back when i can just edit from there... now is nowhere to be found

i end up just hidding his icon LOL

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I think at this point, someone who is still subscribed will have to call their service provider and have them get someone from RIM on the line to give an answer as to how to unsubscribe since they have removed the option from their mobile site....
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4