Hello there - as a Pearl user, I recently decided that I wanted a replacement ... General Blackberry forum

juddstar1 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Help re refurbishment of Pearl / Curve

Advertisement

Hello there - as a Pearl user, I recently decided that I wanted a replacement phone if I ever lost or broke my current one. A friend of mine who works in the business has supplied me with a Pearl and a Curve, both considerably knocked about in various pockets,etc. As an example, the power inlet on the Curve is broken.
    My question is, are there any decent places to buy items to refurbish such as screens, keyboards and the tools to take the old units apart? There is a phone-lock password on the pearl of which my O2 friend has mislaid. If this password cannot be found, is there a facility to bypass it? I'm assuming not but you never know!
    Lastly, I'm pretty much set on butchering the Pearl for parts for the Curve (such as the power inlet). Is there any tech-specs on how to take apart one of these bad-boys that I've completely overlooked?
    Thanks in advance!

Juddstar (not on the BB today!)

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Help re refurbishment of Pearl / Curve

There are several parts and repair services available for the pearl and curve. bbrepairshop and promobility are just two of the ones I have heard about.

As to the password, since you haven't loaded anything yet, just type any password, trying 10 times Eventually you will be directed to type "blackberry" and then all data will be deleted and you will be offered the option to set a new password.

I'm pretty sure given what you describe, these have been used on a BES and will have some limits to capabilities/operation set using an IT Policy.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

juddstar1 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Help re refurbishment of Pearl / Curve

The Curve I'm unable to turn on at all due to the faulty power inlet - My guess is that this is the one to refurbish out of the two but am unsure of the implications of swapping power supplies about!