Hi everyone! I am new to the Blackberry world and have a few qustions. I ... General Blackberry forum

mademoiselle no está en línea Stack level 1

HELP! Please :)

Advertisement

Hi everyone! I am new to the Blackberry world and have a few qustions. I have a Pearl 8130.

1. Is there a way that I can eliminate the html links in emails I receive? Instead of the photos showing up in the email, there are just links, which makes it hard to get to the body text of the email. I want to either a. set it to view the photos or b. delete the link entirely and just have the text portion of the email. Any suggestions or tips?

2. Is it possible to delete or edit the text that follows all emails that says "sent from my blackberry wireless?" I would like to change the font to a smaller font, as well as seperate that text from my original message. Right now, it shows up directly underneath the mssg without any spaces.

3. How do I set up personal signatures for text and email?

4. When saving new contacts, is there any way for me to reset the default number to go to mobile instead of Home as it does now? When i save a number it automatically saves it under home. I would like to change it to save to mobile instead.

4. What exactly is the Shift button???

Thanks!

dj flyy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244ac444
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Without being on a Pearl right now, and without misguiding you, I can help with the signature thing :-)

Go into Options, then Owner. In the lower part, 'Information', type what you would like your signature to be. Mine's:

--
    Ryan McKee
    DJ Flyy Productions
    "Disc Jockey Services For Any Occasion"
    1-781-632-3864
    djflyy@gmail.com

Then, when you finish an e-mail or text that you want the signature to be on, type 'sig' and hit the space button. It will insert whatever you have typed under the Information section.

dj flyy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244ac444
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Also, if you use your phone for work, you may want to set up two signatures. I have a formal and informal. To do a second or third, go to Options, then AutoText (I believe that's a choice on the Pearl..) Hit the menu button, and select 'New'. Under 'replace', title your new signature (ex: 'sig2') then under the 'with' section, type your other signature as you want it to appear.. Mine's:

--
    Ryan McKee

Hope that helps.

Ps shift is to capitalize letters. If you don't want to push the shift button, hold the letter key for a few seconds and it will capitalize.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Welcome to PinStack mademoiselle

To answer your questions:

1) That is probably because HTML is not supported by your BB, but the 4.5 OS will have the ability to show HTML images I believe. So unless you are going to purchase a 3rd party app for HTML email viewing, I would say wait for the 4.5 OS.

2) If you are talking about your signature for emails sent from your BB then this response should answer your 3rd question also. Since you have mentioned sending emails I will assume you have BlackBerry Internet Service or at least the Email Addon service. Find the icon called "Setup BlackBerry Email" on your BB and open it. It will take you to where you can edit your email and signature settings.

3) See number 2...if that doesn't answer your question let me know.

4) I don't believe there is a way to change the way a number is automatically saved unless you create a new contact by doing the following:

Address Book>Menu>New Address

You are probably saving numbers from your recent calls list if it automatically saves under home number.

5.) The "shift" button is also known as the "alt" button. This has a a couple functions which I will list a few of as examples:

-in ABC input mode it switches to NUM mode to input a number
    -in NUM input mode it switches to ABC to input a letter
    -alt is also used for shortcuts in certain applications and menus
    -alt is used for accessing certain menus only accessible by pressing alt...example would be going to your logs by pressing and holding ALT and then pressing LGLG while holding ALT.

Hope that helps.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

jay_man33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301DFD64
    Quote Originally Posted by mademoiselle View Post
    Hi everyone! I am new to the Blackberry world and have a few qustions. I have a Pearl 8130.

1. Is there a way that I can eliminate the html links in emails I receive? Instead of the photos showing up in the email, there are just links, which makes it hard to get to the body text of the email. I want to either a. set it to view the photos or b. delete the link entirely and just have the text portion of the email. Any suggestions or tips?

2. Is it possible to delete or edit the text that follows all emails that says "sent from my blackberry wireless?" I would like to change the font to a smaller font, as well as seperate that text from my original message. Right now, it shows up directly underneath the mssg without any spaces.

3. How do I set up personal signatures for text and email?

4. When saving new contacts, is there any way for me to reset the default number to go to mobile instead of Home as it does now? When i save a number it automatically saves it under home. I would like to change it to save to mobile instead.

4. What exactly is the Shift button???

Thanks!
    Hey mme,

Welcome to the Stacks-- hope we can help you out!

Let me try with a couple.

1. The only way to NOT have links appear in your e-mail is to purchase an html viewer (empower, bbsmart). The PEARL is not equipped to view pics/html e-mails...YET. (Sad, I know, I feel your pain).

2. To remove the "sent from bb" message from you signature you actually have to go through your e-mail setup through your service provider. Editing the info. under "owner" only provides the info and will not link it to your signature.
    Link to change "sent from bb" message: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...e/internet.jsp
    Follow that link to your service provider to change your filter, signature, setup e-mail accounts, etc.

3. You can setup your personal signature for e-mail from your Service Provider in the link provided above.
    Separate link from above: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...%200%201145776

4. When entering contact info. you are able to place the number under "home, mobile, fax, etc". Just select to save it to "mobile" as opposed to "home", or vice-versa. If you want to save them as a speed dial you can go to your home screen on your blackberry and press the corresponding number which you would like to place that contact in (ie. voicemail is #1, b/f #2, mom #3, etc). then you can select which specific number (home, mobile, office) you would like in the speed dial.

4b. ;-)
    The shift button (aka "alt") will allow you to type the opposite of the required field. (ie. you're typing an e-mail and the user name is jay_man33@phonecompany.com. To type the #3 you press the shft/alt button and the "ui" button on the keyboard.

Hope some of this helps!

Keep us posted!
    Best of Luck!

JM
    301DFD64

jay_man33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301DFD64
    ha ha ha-- I took too long!

Rock on Lucky13mt!
    Best of Luck!

JM