Hello smart people as you can see i'm new here and have no idea about ... General Blackberry forum

act17.30 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23e2a0a9

Thumbs up Help Please.

Advertisement

Hello smart people as you can see i'm new here and have no idea about my devise and i like to pick your brains on how can i use it to my advantage, i want to learn on how to use the BB 8100 Pearl, i hope you can help me, i purcharse this thru TMO at the time is not conected and:

1- I want to upload a new language on it.

2-
    My Bb is Unlock how do i make sure of this?

3- On The advance Options what is TCP? Can you please explain this.

4- Can you please tell me if any of you guys use your BB abroad and what should i do to enhance my BB for better use abroad.

Thank you for your comments on this important questions, i wish you the best on this new year 2008 blessings.
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 02-08-2008 at 07:02 PM.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Help Please.

You can set the pearl to use different languages by using the Desktop Manager, Applications loader and selecting the one you want.

The easiest way to determine if your BB is unlocked is to put a SIM from 2 different providers in it to see if they both work - if they do, it is - borrow one from a friend who uses a different provider than you. I don't know any other way.

This explains TCP better than I can: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TCP

Although I have used a BB in Europe, I used only the phone part with a European SIM in it. Start by checking with your carrier - is has to be a GSM carrier such as T-Mobile, AT&T or one of the providers who carry the world phone.

HOpe some of that helps

PIN/ID
    23e2a0a9

Thanks jblackfish it help, all do i like to ask you abut Themes i've seen to upload 2 Themes and its NOT SHOWING UP on THEMES, instead is on Aplications and i have no idea how to resolve this can you help me please.

Best Regards
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 02-08-2008 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by act17.30 View Post
    Thanks jblackfish it help, all do i like to ask you abut Themes i've seen to upload 2 Themes and its NOT SHOWING UP on THEMES, instead is on Aplications and i have no idea how to resolve this can you help me please.
    Best Regards
    If it's applications can you use the Desktop Manager (DM) and it's application loader and install to your BB that way? I'm not quite sure where you loaded theme.
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 02-08-2008 at 07:02 PM.

Bluebell Wood no está en línea Stack level 3

You need to make sure that the themes you are installing have the same operating system number as the operating system that is loaded into your device. Go to options > status nand your operating system number will be listed there it should look something like this 4.2.064 - you therfore must only install themes that are listed for 4.2. If it says 4.1.xx then you only install those that are listed for 4.1 and so on.

PIN/ID
    23e2a0a9

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebell Wood View Post
    You need to make sure that the themes you are installing have the same operating system number as the operating system that is loaded into your device. Go to options > status nand your operating system number will be listed there it should look something like this 4.2.064 - you therfore must only install themes that are listed for 4.2. If it says 4.1.xx then you only install those that are listed for 4.1 and so on.
    Thanks for your input Bluebell Wood, that was helpful.

PIN/ID
    23e2a0a9

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    If it's applications can you use the Desktop Manager (DM) and it's application loader and install to your BB that way? I'm not quite sure where you loaded theme.

As a matter of fact i did it thru the Desktop and automaticly put it there, never the less i'll try and again but making sure that the theme is compatible with my OS which is 4.2.0.64 and the Platform is 2.2.37
    can you tell me if this is up to date and since my BB is not conected with any carriers currently i do all the updates thru my CPU and i plan to travel soon abroad so i most have up to date any input will help.

Thanks jblackfish

Act17,

Try this thread out (thanks to doughdaddy) who helped me out with updating my software:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/520686-post45.html

After installing the software on your PC, and BEFORE you load it onto your pearl, you will need to delete the vendor.xml file. It is located in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. Delete only that file and then run Desktop Manager, application loader and it should advise you that an update is available. Then you should have the latest version which I think is 4.2.1.108. Hope that helps.

PIN/ID
    23e2a0a9

Act17,

Try this thread out (thanks to doughdaddy) who helped me out with updating my software:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/520686-post45.html

After installing the software on your PC, and BEFORE you load it onto your pearl, you will need to delete the vendor.xml file. It is located in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. Delete only that file and then run Desktop Manager, application loader and it should advise you that an update is available. Then you should have the latest version which I think is 4.2.1.108. Hope that helps.

Hey jblackfish, thanks for all the help you have provided me and also give my thanks to doughdaddy for helping those who are lost.

By the way jblackfish i like to ask you on how do i delete this file can you help me step by step please?

Thanks alot there and i like to wish you a great week.

Best Regards...

Glad to help. You can't delete the file so far as I know - it'll stay out here and some other "lost" soul can read it and benefit from it. I don't actually know how long threads stay in the stacks but don't worry about it. That's for the Pinstack "powers" to decide. Keep browsing and learning - there are lots of threads with tons of good info. You can look at the forums index under Forums or do searches for the topic you want to read about.

PIN/ID
    23e2a0a9

Thumbs up Re: Help Please.

Hey jblackfish what i really menat to ask you was how to delete the vendor.xml file thanks for the info.
    -------
    Glad to help. You can't delete the file so far as I know - it'll stay out here and some other "lost" soul can read it and benefit from it. I don't actually know how long threads stay in the stacks but don't worry about it. That's for the Pinstack "powers" to decide. Keep browsing and learning - there are lots of threads with tons of good info. You can look at the forums index under Forums or do searches for the topic you want to read about.

Hey jblackfish what i really menat to ask you was how to delete the vendor.xml file thanks for the info.
    Last edited by act17.30; 02-11-2008 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Automerged.

Hey jblackfish what i really menat to ask you was how to delete the vendor.xml file thanks for the info.[/quote]

Follow these instructions

After downloading the OS to your PC, stop, and follow these directions:

- Locate and delete only the vendor file (vendor.xml) - it is located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. Delete only that file.

- Then run Desktop Manager, application loader. It should advise you that an update is available.

- Run the update - this process may take 1/2 hour or more - DON'T get impatient! Just let it run.

When it's finished (you'll know) then you should have the latest version which I think is 4.2.1.108. Hope that helps.
    John

PIN/ID
    23e2a0a9

Thanks John that was great help i'm glad and happy for your input you saved me.
    Nino

Any time Nino, enjoy the stacks and your pearl.
    j