I have just got a Blackberry Perl (and love it!) which is on the O2 ... General Blackberry forum

cs005483 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20DD501B

HELP: O2 (UK) BIS data plan

Advertisement

I have just got a Blackberry Perl (and love it!) which is on the O2 blackberry data plan (unlimited for £10 per month on top of my voice plan). I bought the phone and signed up through Carphone Warehouse.

Now...O2 customer service cannot seem to answer a basic question:-

What actually does my data plan include? O2 customer service say that it is email only and that any surfing (including via the blacberry browser) is chargable along with any access to services via an APN (mobile.o2.co.uk).

Can anyone whether I can surf and use an APN or not - as O2 havn't a clue!

Carphone warehouse sold it to me as a "you can do anything with data" plan...but I rang us O2 just to confirm before I rack up a big bill for GPRS usage!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

- Clive

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: HELP: O2 (UK) BIS data plan

If you have an unlimited data plan, there's no way you could get huge bills.

PIN/ID
    20DD501B

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjer
    If you have an unlimited data plan, there's no way you could get huge bills.
    My thoughts exactly...however O2 customer service think different.

I asked them to double check and they have told me that only the email is free and that everything else has a per MB charge.

Personally I think O2 is giving me incorrect information but I would really like confirmation as to what the score is from someone who is on an O2 unlimited plan.

- Clive

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Per 02 website:

Charges for Using the BlackBerry Internet Service™ from O2:

BlackBerry UK Prices

There are two BlackBerry tariffs for you to choose from. Which one suits you best? That will all depend on how much use you will make of your BlackBerry service.
    O2 Unlimited - this is ideal for customers that want to use high levels of BlackBerry data, but don't want to be worrying about how much they're spending. You can relax in the knowledge you'll only be paying a fixed monthly price.
    O2 Pay As You Use - this comes with O2 voice tariffs, and is the ideal package for lighter data users, and gives you a great BlackBerry experience with no monthly subscription.
    BlackBerry devices

The price you pay for the device will vary depending on the tariff you choose. If you are an existing O2 customer, please contact your O2 Customer Services team. You will find the number to contact on your bill. If you are not an O2 customer please call 0800 032 1102.

And here is a PDF of detailed billing specs:
    http://blackberry.o2.co.uk/documents...ruary%2007.pdf

Unless you Europeans use a differnet dictionary than us Gringos, Unlimited data means unlimited data.

Data includes: Web browsing, emails, PIN messaging, BlackBerry messenger and any other program that is web based (IE: IM+, Berry411, etc).

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

Thumbs up Re: HELP: O2 (UK) BIS data plan

I am on the unlimited o2 uk "fair usage plan" 75 MB if you bstep over that line then it starts to hurt you,

meanwile get o[pera mini and google maps coz they are worth having PIN me for a yap or any advise

bye the way n8 knows everything there is to know

Gaz

PIN/ID
    20DD501B

Gazar / N8DBB

I agree that the web site says "unlimited"but O2 customer services has a different interpretation of what unlimited means. Their definition is unlimited email only...personally I think it is customer service giving me duff information.

Gazar - you appear to be on exactly the sample plan as me i.e. Unlimited with a fair usage of 75MB...I may PIN you later with some questions. This all started off because I downloaded Opera Mini and needed to setup an APN to use it so I rang O2 customer service to check that the APN data usage would be included with my plan...thats when things started to get complicated!

- Clive

rashumon no está en línea Stack level 2

Same here, im too on the £10 per month "unlimited" which is in fact, as you say, email only! i was also sold a pearl (by O2 retail store) and told that the unlimited plan covers all data only to discover I had some £20 worth of charges on top of my flat rate £10 per month from O2 for my browsing, IMing and Google maps... furious i called them up to be told the same horsedung they told you...
    I made a fuss and they cancelled my charges and added a complimentary 5Mb 'web browsing' free bolt on to my account to cover for the crappy information they give out.
    But reading your post got me pissed off again. this seems to be a theme with these guys - they are using misinformation to milk us for extra £££ when selling BBs. all over the world data means data! plain and simple. unlimited data means you get as much data as you like for a flat rate. i think O2 are unique in making things so complicated and finding ways to charge you for data even though you are already paying for an unlimited data plan....

This smells! i'm gonna investigate this further... what do other O2 BB users out there think?

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

Clive, I got the address from the A friend here in the stacks PIN me and I will pass on the info.

I have opera mini and limited goole maps working perfectely the only thing that bugs me is that Pinstacks is the only help line rather than any o2 UK line, which is totally bollocks

daniellane no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    250565D0
    I work 4 O2 retail, with an unlimited tariff u get... Unlimited email, unlimited bb messenger, unlimited yahoo messenger, and 75MB of browsing. I hope that helps u Clive

daniellane no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    250565D0

4got 2 mention that 75mb includes email. Anything after that is chargable.