Hi All I'm having a nightmare at present. I've bought a second hand blackberry from ... General Blackberry forum

247nightmare no está en línea Stack level 1

Help needed for blackberry virgin

Advertisement

Hi All

I'm having a nightmare at present. I've bought a second hand blackberry from Ebay, and had no idea about all this pin/imei business. so anyways yesterday i tried to register it on o2email.co.uk.

as you all guessed i got told that the pin/imei was being used. i contacted the seller who gave me his login details but it now says the account was suspended and i should contact the system administrator. what the hell do i do as there are no support/helpline numbers on the sites. is there anyway that the pin/imei can be unregistered from being used.

any help would be greatly appreciated before i throw this thing out of the bloody window

cheers

bbdcdude no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Help needed for blackberry virgin

A few questions might help us help you:

- are you using the same carrier as the seller? If not, you need to check with the seller if the device is unlocked or not. If it is not unlocked, you can only use it with the same carrier as the seller was using (example in the US: you can only use an 8700g with T-Mobile and an 8700c with Cingular)

- does the BB work as a phone when you put your SIM card in it? You need to get that going first!

- did you contact your carrier to add a Blackberry data plan on your device? Without a data plan, you won't get any emails, AFAIK.

Once you get all that straight, I suggest you contact your carrier's hotline (it must be on your monthly invoice) and explain the situation that you have a second hand BB whose PIN was not released when the former user closed his account and see what they recommend. If you use the same carrier as the former owner, it may take some painful, long time on the phone with tech support but you should get there eventually.

I hope this help.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hello 247nightmare, welcome to pinstack. Let us know how it goes...

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

247nightmare, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

I bought a bb off of ebay too and it works fine, just for future reference on ebay make sure to check the seller's feedback score (only buy if the percentage is 95 and above at least imo)

247nightmare no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by bbdcdude
    A few questions might help us help you:

- are you using the same carrier as the seller? If not, you need to check with the seller if the device is unlocked or not. If it is not unlocked, you can only use it with the same carrier as the seller was using (example in the US: you can only use an 8700g with T-Mobile and an 8700c with Cingular)

- does the BB work as a phone when you put your SIM card in it? You need to get that going first!

- did you contact your carrier to add a Blackberry data plan on your device? Without a data plan, you won't get any emails, AFAIK.

Once you get all that straight, I suggest you contact your carrier's hotline (it must be on your monthly invoice) and explain the situation that you have a second hand BB whose PIN was not released when the former user closed his account and see what they recommend. If you use the same carrier as the former owner, it may take some painful, long time on the phone with tech support but you should get there eventually.

I hope this help.
    Hi,

yeah i've got the same carrier as the seller (o2) and it all works as a normal phone and i have also added a blackberry data plan.

when speaking to O2 they said it wasnt for them to do and said RIM should do it. mind you i was speaking to the simpletons in custmor helpline who at first started arguing with me that nokia made blackberry and research in motion was a department at O2.

so on that note, does anybody know the number for O2 uk's technical helpdesk.