Okay - I've tried pulling the battery several times and deleted all the apps that ... General Blackberry forum

DNS84 no está en línea Stack level 1

Help needed

Advertisement

Okay - I've tried pulling the battery several times and deleted all the apps that I installed and all the themes, but my external speaker doesn't work. So the speakerphone isn't working and it isn't ringing. I read somewhere I that if you touch the top button (mute) or use headphones (which I have frequently) it can sometimes 'stick' but can't find a way to unstick it if that's the case - anyone know?

I'm really hoping there is some way to fix this without trying to deal with Sprint

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Have you tried while using headphones and the media player to open the menu and hit Activate Speakerphone? Another thing to try would be to either update your OS or wipe with JL_Cmder and reload your current OS if you like that version. This very well could be hardware failure though and you may go through all that and still have the same issue. Is it still under warranty?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

I honestly don't know about the warranty - I share a plan with my parents cuz it's much cheaper for me to pay them for part of the family plan that fork over the ton of $$ for my own simply everything plan :-)

But I'm at work now so I'll try tonight - right now I have the battery out and am leaving it out until I get home - then I'll look around for directions on how to do what you suggested :-) (Yeah new to the blackberry world)

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Remember to always look for the obvious and check to make sure in your profiles that the phone is not set on silent. Try placing it on Loud and see if you can get everything to work?

Yeah I tried messing with the profiles - tried using hte speakerphone, playing music, etc - no luck

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Post back if you decide to try the upgrade or wipe and reload and I will get you links to instructions
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    In that case when i doubt start fresh. Re-install the default OS and go from there. Test things to make sure everything works as it should then slowly put back on the items you want. After each new install or change be sure to make sure everything is still working. It will help to narrow down what causes the issues.