Hey guys, It's been a while since I started a thread, thought I'd ask for ... General Blackberry forum

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

help Me Decide

Advertisement

Hey guys,

It's been a while since I started a thread, thought I'd ask for opinions that can ultimately lead me to a final decision.

I currently have the 8100, and I absolutely LOVE the phone, can't see myself without it really, but the time is almost here to upgrade, I'm eligable on March 9th (to be exact), and I wanted some opinions.

I was thinking about the BlackBerry Bold, or maybe (a big Maybe!!) switching to Verizon to get the Storm, but, I'm not totally impressed with it, yet I'm really diggin' the Bold.

I've played with both devices (a bit), and I can't really decide. I personally DO NOT want to switch to Verizon, I love ATT, been with them for 8yrs....Sooooooo!!

I was hoping you guys can give me some good advice.....

Thanks in advance

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    It depends. Both will be a change but it is easier switchin to the Storm from the Pearl as u still get sure type. I'm moved to the storm cause I looked at the Bold and thought it was too big. Wanted a 8900 but would have to wait so got a Storm. With all the OS updates its now a brilliant device.
    Bigger screen and sure type then Storm
    Bold Full qwerty and wifi

But there is a wifi storm coming out but could be a while.
    ~via smartphone wap.pinstack.com~

Hmmm....Thanks vince1

The Storm is your suggestion...nice!

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Hold out for the 8900 or the 9250 or whatever it is they are getting next
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

thecircuitbox no está en línea Stack level 2
    You are at the same crossroads I am at. I lost my phone months ago got a replacement, but during the loss period I used a friends Bold. Now I want a Bold, but I do not like AT&T. However the 8900 has come out, but it isn't 3G and still has gps and wifi (i believe). It may in the future come with 3G. Now the iphone killar aka Storm. I perrsoanlly do not like touch screens; spending all my time on a computer a keyboard feels natural, but I played with the Storm and I have to say it is a sweet machine. So make a list of the pros of both devices then make a list of cons, but just the phones. Then add price, carrier and assesories to the mix. Hopefully your answer is clearer. My choice is the bold but I am leaning towards the 8900 or 9300.
    Last edited by thecircuitbox; 02-18-2009 at 08:16 PM.

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    if you NEED 3G then go storm a or bold or wait for the Curve 3G. if you dont care about that then go 8900. i have the 8900 and i am happy with it.... where i usually need the internet i have a router within range.... having the GPS is awesome.... and the screen is amazing! so you just need to decide whats more important to you.

Wow!! so many options now Lol

They all sound so nice......my Pearl is a bit used up, not sure how long I wanna wait for an upgrade once it's available to me in March.

Decisions Decisions!!

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    I had the 8100 for almost two years, but last saturday I purchased a bold
    And I'm so glad I did.

The full qwerty is awesome. I thought I would miss suretype but I don't
    And I'm typing faster on the bold after a few days than I ever did on my pearl.

The size was something I got used to after a day.

The screen is amazing, the sound is second to none.

Some say 3G is overrated I really like it. The download speed is nice and
    Wifi kicks a**

I say get the bold. Its classy, masculine and stunning to look at.

Good luck with your decision.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    AT&T is good. Ive been with them for several years and am very satisfied. I was reluctant to get rid of my red 8310 and opt for the Bold-but Im glad I did. This is a fantastic device. The 3G is SUPER fast and the screen/resolution is great. just my .02.

lsu4lif3 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    i personally have tried both the storm and bold and i liked the storm better because its not as bulky and its easier to operate
    Never give up...you can always make a difference

marczeffren no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    ive been using the bold since the day it came out on ATT and in my opinion there is no phone that compares. i gave up my iphone and curve for it and have played with multiple peoples' storms and it does not compare whatsoever. go BOLD!

6s1d9 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Go with the storm. It's an amazing device. Don't let the store demo phone sway your opinion as every person that enters the store messes with it. Besides, the Bold is just an over sized Curve as far as I'm concerned. Plus you have 30days to test the Storm. You can't just grab your buddies for 3 minutes and make a decision... After 30days, if you dont like it... Give it back!

Capdot - Thanks a lot, glad to know you went from a Pearl to a Bold and you're truly happy, I might take the same route.

Thanks to EVERYONE who posted an opinion, I appreciate it, another reason why I LOVE this site.

Chris