It was working fine, then for some reason my bb messenger icon was gone. I ... General Blackberry forum

supraman no está en línea Stack level 1

HELP! I think I bricked my BB...

Advertisement

It was working fine, then for some reason my bb messenger icon was gone. I called tech support and the guy said to take the battery out for a minute and put it back in and see if that helps. When I put the battery back in all it showed was a white screen and after a couple minutes showed a scrambled screen that looked like a snowy tv channel (no image at all).

It could still make and recieve calls though, but not show anything on the screen. I reloaded the OS thinking that may fix the problem, but it didn't do a thing. But now the phone is totally reset so it has no programming so I can't even use it. And to make things even better, Bell's self serve on their website doesnt work, and their tech support is now closed so I can't even switch over to a different phone.

Phone: Blackberry 8703e on Bell Mobility

Anyone got any ideas for my bb?I reallly need access to my cell right now. Thanks.

stoehner no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    The only thing I could suggest is to wipe the device totally, then get a new copy of a OS and try to reload it
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

supraman no está en línea Stack level 1
    I reloaded the OS using this guide:
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry

I assume that is the same as doing a complete wipe

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by supraman View Post
    I reloaded the OS using this guide:
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry

I assume that is the same as doing a complete wipe
    To do a complete wipe you need to use jl_cmndr to remove the OS totally from your device. There is a link in my blog for JL_cmndr follow that and then reload the OS and see if that helps fix your issue.