I have multiple 'DESKTOP' entries in my Calendar appliation. (Calendar -> Options -> Calendars) (Additionally ... General Blackberry forum

zjgolf44 no está en línea Stack level 1

Help - Duplicate DESKTOP Entries In Calendar

Advertisement

I have multiple 'DESKTOP' entries in my Calendar appliation. (Calendar -> Options -> Calendars) (Additionally under Select Calendars) Also when I create a new email or edit an existing one the top line asks "Send Using:" and then you need to pick which Entry.

My thought is that this is not correct since I'm only syncing one Notes BES calendar / email. I recently was having calendar problems and I went through the process suggested in other threads of deleting the CICAL service book. This fixed my problems with my entries being out of sync and duplicated. But it didn't clear out my duplicate Calendars.

So, how do I go through the process of just getting down to one 'DESKTOP' entry? Although things seem to be syncing OK with the one, the other one I don't appear to need at all. I've looked the DM software and everything on the phone, and I just don't see where I can delete it alltogether. I turned off 'wireless sync' for the non-used DESKTOP. I also really don't have any idea what this extra DESKTOP entry is used for, or where it got setup.

Thanks for any help!!

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Help - Duplicate DESKTOP Entries In Calendar

PLease update your profile with all the info (model, OS, platform, BES or BIS) and such so the stackers can help better.

Done (Alltel Pearl 8130, v4.3.1.0.81, p3.1.0.40)

Since you are on a BES, and I am not real familiar with that, I would recommend following my post here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/505175-post1.html to delete your extra calendars.

First off, always perform a backup before making changes. Then, with your BB connected to the PC via USB, open desktop manager, open "backup and restore", click "Advanced", on the entry list on the right find the entry that says "Calendar-All", highlight it and click "Clear". This will delete all entries in all the different calendars that were loaded, since different entries may be on different calendars. Close the DM and reopen and reperform the action and check that "Calendar-All" is actually clear and shows nothing in the calendar (I had it not delete all of them once). After clearing the calendar entries perform a resync to get the calendar entries from the BES. This should load all the entries from the default calendar you are using.

Let me know how that works for you.

Thanks - but I've read some of your threads on this already and for some I don't believe they are helping me with my situation.

I did notice similar problems that I had yesterday... in which I added something to my Lotus Notes calendar and either it didn't get down to my BB, or it duplicated what I had in my BB. Thats when I first noticed my two "DESKTOP" calendars. (which I'm fairly sure where both created by my BES wireless sync at one point; one of them not being connected anymore) At that point I went into DM and cleared all the entries in Calendar, Calendar, and Calendar All. I validated that all entries were removed. Then I went and deleted my CICAL entry. NOTE: I only ever had ONE CICAL entry... I've never seen 2 entries like you and others have reported. I deleted it anyway. Reconnected to DM, which recreated the CICAL. (My two DESKTOPS never disappeared) And then watched the BES services refill in my calendar entries. It seems this fixed my above problem (no more dupes or non-syncs). I also can tell that it seems that the BES link is only using one of the two DESKTOP entries / databases. (i.e. if I turn off Wireless sync on one it stops new changes, if I turn it off on the other it doesn't have an effect)

SO... When do you believe the two DESKTOP calendar entries are deleted (when do you not see them anymore)? As soon as you delete the CICAL service books? (I only have one to delete) My two DESKTOP entries never disappear it seems. From what I can tell both of these were probably related to the BES sync at one time, but the first one got disconnected at some point, and a 2nd one was created, and now its using the 2nd.

Also - I read somewhere about deleting the SYNC service book and how this may be related to this. But didn't see enough info on it to make me comfortable with moving forward. (i.e. I wasn't sure how to go about restoring it from that)

Thanks so much for your help... you seem quite knowledgable on the subject.

No problem... sorry I could not be of more help. As far as the CICAL entries, they are created when an email address is added. It is part of the 4.3 OS upgrade. A calendar entry is created when an email addy is added so that appointments sent to the email addys can be added to the calendar under each addys calendar. Since you have only one email address then you should have only one calendar book. It sounds like most of your issues have been fixed though, correct? You may want to get in touch with your IT admin or RIM about the two desktop entries you see. As I said, since I am not on BES I do not see the same thing.

One more question... Since you are suggesting that CICAL is only related to additional email address and I only use BES... should I not even have CICAL in my service list? Possibly CICAL was added when I connected to DM for the first time. (I hadn't looked at this before)

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~a default calendar is created regardless. As far as dm adding it I would not know for sure. I would not think so unless you synced the calendar with it otherwise the bes might create it.