I just got my BB 7250 (used) in the mail a couple hours ago. I ... General Blackberry forum

c0rnf3d no está en línea Stack level 1

help: blank screen

Advertisement

I just got my BB 7250 (used) in the mail a couple hours ago. I activated the phone with verizon shortly thereafter. While playing around with it the screen started to act wierd, it fadded then when blank. Currently i have a blank screen (the backlight works), and im able to make calls on it.
    Ive restarted the device multiple times but the screen is still blank.
    Is this a defective device?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: help: blank screen

Try pulling the battery out with the power on, waiting 30 seconds then reinserting it. If that doesn't work, try wiping the device (back up your information first) and reinstalling the latest OS for that phone. If THAT doesn't work, then you might have a defective device.

I saw this quite frequently when adding contacts to BB Messenger. I would be transferring contacts from one BB to another and all of a sudden, after reaching a certain amout of contacts, WHITE SCREEN (freaked me out the first time I saw it too). A simple reset was all that was needed in these cases.

Thanks for your quick response. I've tried reseting the device a few times like that (just did it 2 more times). with no effect.
    I didnt recieve a usb cable with the device (im assuming thats needed to reformat)?
    Any other ideas?

Mp55 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4903f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well the next step would just have to be wiping and reinstalling. I suppose you may have to wait until you get the usb. However you should check if you might have other usb cable that are compatible with your phone. That is what I did when I lost my usb cable. Hope that helps

-MP

is this something that happens often on bb's? i didnt install any programs, etc, didnt even add anything to the address book and this just randomly happened....
    where are some good tutorials on how to reinstall

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Like I said in my other post, it happened to me when I was adding contacts to BlackBerry Messenger. I once used the USB cable I got with my mp3 player which worked because the small end that fit into the mp3 player fit the BlackBerry USB port.