I really need some help now. I have an 8900, OS 4.6.1.250, BBM 5.0.0.6. I ... General Blackberry forum

vod332 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AA5605

HELP!! BBM 5 and contacts being removed automatically.

Advertisement

I really need some help now.

I have an 8900, OS 4.6.1.250, BBM 5.0.0.6.

I have been backing up my contacts on my SD card, yet when I try to restore it, all 62 show up and if I am online, the contacts start disappearing. Sometimes it leaves me with 53, right now it has been leaving me with 3 or 1 BBM contacts.

I believe it has something to do with the "recovery email" thing, since it only happens when I am online. I have no idea how to stop this from occuring.

Have tried:
    1) reloading OS
    2) obvious battery pulls and resets.
    3) reinstall of BBM

I am lost here friends...PLEASE HELP ME either delete the "online" backups or stop them from autoloading.

Its great that I can have my contacts with the radio off, but then I can't talk to any of them...

Ethan1006 no está en línea Stack level 3
    when you restore the bbm contacts are you going into your menu and selecting send update? i know that is one of the newer featchers of the bbm's. you maybe losing them because your bb thinks they are being rejected do to lack of communication with the other devices.

PIN/ID
    24AA5605
    Ethan,
    Thanks for the reponse...I am on 5.0.0.6 because it has SMS included in it. After I perform the restore, the blackberry is pretty much frozen until it removes most of the contacts. Once I am able to use the device again, I am left with 1 contact.

Don't think I have the send update option.

how did you come by the 5.0 bbm download? i know that alot of the downloads out there have been pulled and would trust any left now because they shouldn't be there, all im saying is just be really careful with downloading 5.0. as for the bbm having sms bundled with it im not sure but i am asking someone i highly trust his thoughts and if he can drop in the chat with us to see if he has heard anything.

PIN/ID
    24AA5605
    I can't really say where I got 5.0.0.6 from, but lets say they have a 3 letter nickname and are based in Canada.

I would be open to any advice...

I am almost 100% sure it is doing something with the recovery email thing, since it is going out and "recovering" my contact list.

we are talking and reading to see what we can find so hang tight for a min. we are a bit lost being as i have 5.0.0.8

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Hey what's up guys. Good ole bbm 5.0. I hate it and the issues I have to fix day by day. You ensenuate you got the .6 from our friend up north but I wouldn't trust 5.0 even if it came installed on the bb haha. Honestly it could be a number of reasons you lose contacts and Ethan said something about sending the bbm invite update to all of your contacts...that could def be one reason, simply may not be getting all of the invites sent out by way of auto update. It looks like you know you'r way around a bb by the steps you have taken. I'd do a backup and try diff things. One reason could be the method of bb saving the contacts to the mem card. This is one of the first trys by bb to save files like that directly to a mem card, may not be perfected yet ya know. Good luck and please share the info on what you find... GL
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16

schunter1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Try installing v.5.0.0.8 I have been using it for quite some time and no problems with it at all. Maybe I was one of the lucky ones.