Hello friends i need your help on how to use my BB Pearl 8100 In ... General Blackberry forum

act17.30 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23e2a0a9

Smile Help with the BB Pearl 8100 ( International Use ) + Free Internet

Advertisement

Hello friends i need your help on how to use my BB Pearl 8100 In Mexico, Brazil and Nicaragua
    I plan to use it there my BB is unlock already and please make a note that i have no idea on how to make it work to my advantage any help will be greatly appreciated.

EXAMPLE: Free internet, i know i have to purcharse a Sim Card and prepaid cards for the phone use this is not a problem at all i can manage this, but the free internet this willl be a great deal for me.

If you can provide help on more stuff that i can take advantage of please let me know and also if you guys know if i can use it here in the U.S.A without a contract with any carrirer like prepaid service or something like it.

PS: The company that i'll probably use in this countries is Movistar they are located in many countries like Mexico, Brazil and Nicaragua.

torero13 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Help with the BB Pearl 8100 ( International Use ) + Free Internet

never heard about free internet

yobosayo no está en línea Stack level 1

I've been traveling for 6 months in Europe, the Middle East and Africa with my 8100 and have been using it both as a regular blackberry and as a tethered modem. I have the t-Mobile blackberry plan for $39.99 + the international data plan for $19.99. I have never had any roaming fees or additional charges data wise. Voice is another story. If your phone is unloacked, you can buy local SIMs for voice calls, but not necessarily for data. Conection speeds will be bearable but not great and will depend on what network you pick up, GPRS, EDGE or 3G if your BB has it.

I never had a BB before this trip and my 8100 has been my #1 travel accessory. I can't imagine traveling without it. I use it for Goolge maps (pairing it with a QStarz btQ100 GPS, which has saved our butts many times), researching and contacting places to stay while on the road, language translation with Goolge, email, IM with Jive Talk, FTP with Rove (I still do a little work on the road), currency conversion with Worldmat Live, uploading pics to Flickr and updating my blog (yobosayo.net if anyone cares to take a look). It's a mobile office in my pocket!

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

does that international data plan includes unlimited data? if that where so, its cheaper than the prices hehe. he he

yobosayo no está en línea Stack level 1

Yep,unlimited data for 50 bucks. I found posts online before we left debating whether it was corect or not so I was a little sceptical but I signed up the day before leaving the states and the sales rep confirmed it so I took a chance. So far so good.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

hehe, then it would actually be cheaper for me to get a tmo plan and use it for data here in norway.. thats sad ;p