All, I've carried several Sprint BB devices, and they all eventually start to reset randomly ... General Blackberry forum

queenBB no está en línea Stack level 1

HELP: BB Device resetting randomly

Advertisement

All,

I've carried several Sprint BB devices, and they all eventually start to reset randomly (while I am on calls, in standby mode, etc.) after about 6 months of use.

In the last two days, my BB8830 has reset at least 10 times. I took it into the Sprint store, and they could not get it to replicate the problem. Yet, minutes after I picked the device up from the store, it power cycled during a phone call.

Does anyone know how to resolve the problem?
    Am I using old software (v4.2.2.123)?
    How do I update the software on my device.

I love this phone, but am very frustrated right now. Please help.

AHardy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    317DA781

Re: HELP: BB Device resetting randomly

I've owned all the BB models that Sprint ever came out with and never had any issues like that. Does it at all lock up and you have to perform a reset, or does it just white-screen on it's own everytime? Are the contacts for the battery loose and perhaps moving around the device causes it to freak out?

Sprint released 4.2.2.322 for the 8830 which you can download of their web site at www dot sprint dot com slash downloads (sorry, system won't let me post URLs!) and selecting BlackBerry from the dropdown list. What's scary though is that what if your device resets on its own during the upgrade process.

thatzmister2 no está en línea Stack level 2

If it always seems to happen around 6 months you might consider trying a new battery as a test and see if the issue resolves.

Eldeano no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by queenBB View Post
    All,

I've carried several Sprint BB devices, and they all eventually start to reset randomly (while I am on calls, in standby mode, etc.) after about 6 months of use.

In the last two days, my BB8830 has reset at least 10 times. I took it into the Sprint store, and they could not get it to replicate the problem. Yet, minutes after I picked the device up from the store, it power cycled during a phone call.

Does anyone know how to resolve the problem?
    Am I using old software (v4.2.2.123)?
    How do I update the software on my device.

I love this phone, but am very frustrated right now. Please help.
    Check your DM and Hand Held software on Blackberry.com, go to the owners lounge.

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3

My VZW 8830 has done this a couple of times, but those were times I was getting low on memory and was getting ready to do a reset anyway. I don't know if the problems are related or not. I just know as long as I have at least 2 MB of memory free, it hasn't happened. Anyone?

dhyde79 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319FB186

I'm fighting with this right now, I've got a 8130 Pearl from Alltel, tried to update a piece of software, and it requested reboot to install, now, I get an all black screen with red charging light, then the white screen with the turning hourglass and back to blackout with red charging light.....anything I can do to get it to work again?