Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I know there are multiple posts on here about this - and I have followed ... General Blackberry forum

sugarspicebaby1 no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Help! Bb Continues To Delete Despite...

Advertisement

I know there are multiple posts on here about this - and I have followed the directions on ALL of them about checking memory (I have plenty ) and clearing the log using ALT LG, but my BB keeps deleting my txt msgs and call log on its own still!!! And now I lost a number I need and don't have in my address book, because I thought I was going to be able call from my recent calls (he called this afternoon!)

Can someone PLEASE tell me what the hell to do to fix this?!? I'm sick of dealing with it. I have my setting to keep msgs for 2 months and delete when more space is needed. Mailboxes are separate. What should the setting be for the Call /ALT LG log? does it matter?

Please do not direct me to one of the already posted threads of directions about clearing memory or checking it - I've tried them all and continue to have this problem.

So if anyone has any suggestions or can offer help I would really appreciate it because the rest of what has been posted here isn't working for me.
    Thanks!

scottvicius no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    318591be
    Do you have any themes installed on your phone and how many? Themes suck up a lot of memorry. I would recomend deleting all vendor files you will never use . Also instead of themes I would just use wallpapers that you like it work just about the same with out the memorry drain. What model BB are you using?

only 1 theme - I switch them in and out as needed - deleted things I dont use too (like I said my memory is good) and I have a Pearl

jdiiams no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a04078
    how many pics/ringtones do you have? also, do you have a mem card in there? I know you said you checked everything, but just wanna make sure you get taken care of....

scottvicius no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    318591be
    Sugar we can fix this problem. I have a 8130 pearl and went though the same prob. Do you have a media card? What type of apps do you have installed and running. Also can you copy and paste your memory that you have free just so I can see what we are working with. Just click options then status then click option button the one to the left of the pearl. Then copy and paste it here. Sorry I had to post that just in case you didn't know how to find it. Let me know like I said the stackers here are very informed and extreamly helpful we can help you

Quote Originally Posted by sugarspicebaby1 View Post
    I know there are multiple posts on here about this - and I have followed the directions on ALL of them about checking memory (I have plenty ) and clearing the log using ALT LG, but my BB keeps deleting my txt msgs and call log on its own still!!! And now I lost a number I need and don't have in my address book, because I thought I was going to be able call from my recent calls (he called this afternoon!)

Can someone PLEASE tell me what the hell to do to fix this?!? I'm sick of dealing with it. I have my setting to keep msgs for 2 months and delete when more space is needed. Mailboxes are separate. What should the setting be for the Call /ALT LG log? does it matter?

Please do not direct me to one of the already posted threads of directions about clearing memory or checking it - I've tried them all and continue to have this problem.

So if anyone has any suggestions or can offer help I would really appreciate it because the rest of what has been posted here isn't working for me.
    Thanks!
    Real quick question - Where is your Pearl from (i.e. did you get it new, or was it used, perhaps from Ebay); and do you have a data plan or are you phone-only? Thx - -

Ok guys - It was brand new, with a data plan from ATT - free total=64356352 bytes - plus I have a 2GB media card - all my ringtones, themes, files, etc. are stored on that to keep space open. I have very little in apps. Google Maps, Jive Talk, ColorPearl, BeamBerry, Yahoo! and ESPN, few free games. That's it. Why i still have this issue is stumping me. Thanks for all the help!

Charneus no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24372D18
    Always make sure you close out completely any apps you're not using (like ESPN and Google Maps). They will suck up memory if still active in the background. Also, as far as the number, you can log into your AT&T account and find that number within a day or two, maybe even now. Good luck with this!

Charneus

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by sugarspicebaby1 View Post
    Ok guys - It was brand new, with a data plan from ATT - free total=64356352 bytes - plus I have a 2GB media card - all my ringtones, themes, files, etc. are stored on that to keep space open. I have very little in apps. Google Maps, Jive Talk, ColorPearl, BeamBerry, Yahoo! and ESPN, few free games. That's it. Why i still have this issue is stumping me. Thanks for all the help!
    It's stumping me, too. Your memory is fine, that's not the problem - a Pearl running 4.2 doesn't delete messages when memory stacks up, it merely slows down. Reason I asked where you got the device was I was thinking it might be an IT policy, but since you received it new from your service provider I don't think that's a possibility . . . just for kicks, though, go to Security Options>General Settings, and scroll to the bottom of the screen and see if there's a mention of an IT policy. Let's go through a couple of ideas:

Are you the only user of the handheld? Is it possible that someone else is deleting messages from your device? My adult daughter has a 2-year old that wreaks havoc on her cellphone when she leaves it sitting-

Another thing to look at is if it is a date-related problem. Go to Date/Time and make sure your Date/Time Source is set to "Network". Collect a couple of days of messages, then use Desktop Manager to do a selective backup of email/sms/phone call logs. Then, the next time messages automatically delete when you don't want them to, attempt a selective restore of the couple of days you backed up. After the restore, shut your device off (don't pull the battery, just shut it off) and then turn it back on. This makes the OS communicate with the network to update the time. If the messages you just restored disappear, then it is a date/time problem; if not it's probably an OS glitch of some kind. Try this and we'll see you in a few days and go from there - - -

PIN/ID
    LESS
    I would load a more recent OS for your phone and see if that helps.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    doesn't that look like a little too much free memory, that looks like memory total that you were looking at?
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    I would load a more recent OS for your phone and see if that helps.
    Or even do a jl_cmdr device wipe and re-install his current OS - but I think that would be a last resort - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge View Post
    doesn't that look like a little too much free memory, that looks like memory total that you were looking at?
    Correct, what he listed as free is really the total device memory. However, I don't think it's a memory problem because if you're running out of memory on a Pearl it slows down to a c-r-a-w-l, but doesn't delete messages - -

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    Correct, what he listed as free is really the total device memory. However, I don't think it's a memory problem because if you're running out of memory on a Pearl it slows down to a c-r-a-w-l, but doesn't delete messages - -

my pearl actually did delete everything, call logs, sms/mms, bb messenger, then emails in that order. so it does delete messages and it will still slow down to a crawl. bt it'll do the crawl thing then delete messages and logs
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

Brian80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    actually the Pearl does delete Msgs and call logs mine did and I just did the quick fix of a memory card

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast