I hope someone can help. I had my bb 8520 plugged into the computer to ... General Blackberry forum

Jodiiii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22C9BCFE

Help!!! app error 523?!?

Advertisement

I hope someone can help. I had my bb 8520 plugged into the computer to charge and it suddenly shut off by itself and now I have nothing but a white screen with app error 523! Desktop manager doesn't recognize it so I can't reload the OS. What do I do? Im definately freaking out here...I depend on my phone so much! I have tried a battery pull. Didn't help. Any one know how I can load an OS if DM won't recognize my phone?
    Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Read this thread and follow the steps exactly. It should get your Berry back up. http://forums.pinstack.com/f73/how_t...ed_2_a-100854/
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    22C9BCFE
    Thanks pdxmatts...l will give it a try. Right now I have it hooked up to DM. I hit the update software button and it is reading device service information. But its been doing this for at least 20 mins so im not sure its really doing anything. Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920

PIN/ID
    22C9BCFE
    Just wanted to say thank you to pdxmatts for the help! My phone is up and running again after following the steps in the link you provided. Glad that ordeal is over! I guess on the upside, I now am running 5.0 and I love it! Thanks again!