Hello.... I think my 8700g may have bitten the dust. Out of the blue it ... General Blackberry forum

sevo22 no está en línea Stack level 2

Help! 8700 in trouble

Advertisement

Hello....

I think my 8700g may have bitten the dust. Out of the blue it crashed last week and has been out of commission ever since. It's in a continuous loop where the screen goes black and the red led comes on, then it goes to a white screen with a spinning hourglass, then back to the black screen with the red led, etc. for as long as I keep the battery in. The only reason I'm holding out hope is because it can briefly connect to the desktop manager (it recognizes my pin momentarily) and, while it's on the white screen, the appropriate icon appears in the upper-right corner when i press ALT or CAP. I have tried:

-Reloading using DM - it goes through the erase part and then I get this error: unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation

-Going through the command prompt to start the application loader w/out opening DM - I get the same results as above

-Wiping using JL_Cmder - It fails to find my BBerry

I have tried each of these with and without the battery in the device (and popping the battery in and out during various stages of the processes)

Does anyone have any other ideas? Is BB cooked beyond repair? Or is it salvageable? I'm open to suggestions, as I was pulling my hair out all weekend.

Thanks

Re: Help! 8700 in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by sevo22
    Hello....

I think my 8700g may have bitten the dust. Out of the blue it crashed last week and has been out of commission ever since. It's in a continuous loop where the screen goes black and the red led comes on, then it goes to a white screen with a spinning hourglass, then back to the black screen with the red led, etc. for as long as I keep the battery in. The only reason I'm holding out hope is because it can briefly connect to the desktop manager (it recognizes my pin momentarily) and, while it's on the white screen, the appropriate icon appears in the upper-right corner when i press ALT or CAP. I have tried:

-Reloading using DM - it goes through the erase part and then I get this error: unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation

-Going through the command prompt to start the application loader w/out opening DM - I get the same results as above

-Wiping using JL_Cmder - It fails to find my BBerry

I have tried each of these with and without the battery in the device (and popping the battery in and out during various stages of the processes)

Does anyone have any other ideas? Is BB cooked beyond repair? Or is it salvageable? I'm open to suggestions, as I was pulling my hair out all weekend.

Thanks
    I say start with the cheap stuff -- Since it's an 8700g I assume you're T-Mobile GSM. Find a friend or family member that uses T-Mobile and put your SIM in their device and their SIM in yours, see if it works. It's very unlikely this is the problem, but, like I said, start with the cheap stuff. Secondly, clean the battery contacts both on the device and on the battery, and try again. If that don't work, third, it might be the battery -- if you're lucky you have a friend with an 8700g and can try their battery before you buy. Since you've already tried reloading the OS and doing the JLwipe, my next assumption would be that it got wet -- put it in your refrigerator overnight and it will remove moisture (just like it does to the pork chops!) or blast it with a blow dryer for a while. If it's still not fixed, and you're a mechanical sort, get a T6 and find instructions (I believe they're here at Pinstack) and physically take the device apart as far as you are comfortable, cleaning and inspecting as you go; then re-assemble the device. --

I'll try the fridge idea tonight (I never would have thought of that). I tried all of the others, short of taking it apart. Thanks!!! I appreciate your input!

preuegl no está en línea Stack level 2

I had this happen to an 8700c. The user tried installing an application that wasn't compatible with the BB. Still rebooting!

Well, I tried putting it in fridge for a day with no luck. I also placed it in the oven (with the temp very low) to attempt to dry it out. My next step will be to take the device apart.

Thanks!

Abbabello no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2560568D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ihad the same problem with my 8700g. It happened when I tried upgrading to version 4.2. It is still rebooting. Occasionally, it gives me an error message 506 which no one seems to know what that means. I guess it is not recoverable. If you ever solve the problem, let us know how you did it.

rjs87 no está en línea Stack level 3

if all else fails and you need a cheap fix i have great luck with getting blackberrys off craigslist