Let me start off with what I am trying to accomplish.... Since I have my ... General Blackberry forum

sangesf no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23C8604D

Help! 3rd time around.. Ramble / AIM Help!

Advertisement

Let me start off with what I am trying to accomplish....
    Since I have my Blackberry (7290) from work, they don't have me on an unlimited sms plan (text messaging).

All of my friends (non-bb's) have unlimited text, so I came up with this idea (and I have it working up to a point)....
    I figured with AIM I can setup my friends cell # as a buddy. Then I connect to AIM via Ramble and text from Ramble to that buddy.I have an issue with it tho...
    Half of the ones I set up (including my own phone) do not receive the texts from Ramble, but half DO!
    Have any clue why?

(F. Y. I. I have tried setting the cell numbers all in AIM and when that didn't help, I tried all in Ramble, which still didn't make a diff)

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Re: Help! 3rd time around.. Ramble / AIM Help!

I have no clue.. but maybe some of your friend's phone does not support this feature. I would try Yak-on because it's been flawless for me.

Nakim21 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Help! 3rd time around.. Ramble / AIM Help!

My question why use Ramble period. Is there no possible to set your AIM buddies up on another service. I have many friends on aol but yahoo was the move for me. The app stays connected longer and is way easier to use. Ramble has been a real pain and not worth the space on my unit. Getting ready to try jivetalk and I think using them may work as well as the cover different models and carriers