Here is the problem, i have a Blackberry 7290 for some reason the screen starts ... General Blackberry forum

Gigi_101 no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Help!!!!

Advertisement

Here is the problem, i have a Blackberry 7290 for some reason the screen starts fading out and then just freezes plus for some reason it rebots itself. I tried taking out the battery and putting it back on along with the sim card no use.

Anyone have an idea on how i can fix this problem ?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Help!!!!

You may need an OS reinstall.

When did this start happening? Any thing that was installed recently or did it just start doing it for no reason what so ever.

When you say it fades to white, does it completely fade so that nothing is visible on the screen what so ever?

Tech Idiot no está en línea Stack level 3

Associate of mine had the same problem. The tech people walked him through a few steps, tests, etc. and asked him the same question -- anything recently added, installed, anything new, etc.???

They ended up doing an OS delete/reinstall.

Good luck.

Eric

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

This is the first ive heard of a screen doing that. I would like to know the fix to this myself.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Before you reinstall the OS, how about doing all of us a favor. If you have a PC, Go to this thread, JL_Cmder download and install JL_Cmder. Then with your BB connected to your PC, wait for it to happen again and use the Screen Shot option to capture the image that the software is trying to display. Post the image as an attachment (go Advanced, Attachment Manager toward the bottom of the page) to a post in this thread.

Thanks

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05

i had a similar problem with a 6710 but it was more accelerated. I called rim and the told me that usually an OS reload fixs any problem but they also said that sometimes when you have to reinstall the OS it means other things are happening namely the ROM chip that contains the OS is breaking down. If your issue requires a reload and than persists after that chances are your BB is dying this is what happened to mine. I turned it on once and got a few error codes which said reboot under them. I looked up the error codes in the RIM knowledge base and they said reload which i did than the screen faded out like your is doing and i reloaded it once again and it worked okay for a day or to than it kept freezing up and than after that it would no longer turn on anymore. IE it died
    Last edited by jhowle; 10-16-2006 at 10:38 AM.

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by jhowle
    i had a similar problem with a 6710 but it was more accelerated. I called rim and the told me that usually an OS reload fixs any problem but they also said that sometimes when you have to reinstall the OS it means other things are happening namely the ROM chip that contains the OS is breaking down. If your issue requires a reload and than persists after that chances are your BB is dying this is what happened to mine. I turned it on once and got a few error codes which said reboot under them. I looked up the error codes in the RIM knowledge base and they said reload which i did than the screen faded out like your is doing and i reloaded it once again and it worked okay for a day or to than it kept freezing up and than after that it would no longer turn anymore. IE it died
    Blackberry Death! Now thats a sad day indeed. :cry: