Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have erased an app. on my BB and after it ha restarted the icon ... General Blackberry forum

svirish07 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30697D45

help...

Advertisement

I have erased an app. on my BB and after it ha restarted the icon and app. Itself was still active but when I try to delete it again it doesn't show up in either the desktop manager or in the advanced options<application list. Any idea on what to do?

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    I'm not really sure what you mean or need help with...
    You deleted an app, it was still there - you deleted it again and now it's not.
    Didn't that solve your issue?

PIN/ID
    30697D45
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i deleted it and its still there but doesn't show up in the application list

PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Do you have the current OS you're running for your BB installed on your PC?
    Be sure to do a backup of your BB and run DM>App Loader and see if you can uninstall it that way.

Having the OS installed on PC is so that DM will recognize installed apps.

PIN/ID
    30697D45
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~what exactly do I need to do?

PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Latest OS for your BB here:
    • 8830 - 4.2.2.196Download and install to PC, delete vendor.xml file which can be found here: ( C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader ) Or search your computer's hard drive for the "vendor.xml" file. Once you find it, delete it.
    Once OS installed to PC, run DM>App Loader and scroll down until you find the app you're trying to delete and Uncheck the box for it and click Next at the bottom of screen and follow the prompts to remove app.

See if this resolves your problem.
    Btw...what app is it you're trying to uninstall? Please try to make your thread title a little more specific for us next time so we can better help you in the correct forum

PIN/ID
    30697D45
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~will do next time, I have verizon tho, what should I do

PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    It doesn't matter what carrier you are with, as long as you follow the steps indicated and delete the vendor.xml file you can use ANY carrier OS.

If you want to stick with the Verizon OS you can go to the Verizon site and download it there. You would have to go to Options>About on your BB to see exactly what OS you are running.

Maybe time for an OS upgrade and just do a clean wipe?

PIN/ID
    30697D45
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yea I think that might just be the easiest and best idea right?

Before you go through the trouble of replacing your OS, what is the ap you can't delete? Sometimes applications are protected by company IT policies. Check to see if you have an IT policy: go to General Settings in your security menu, scroll to the bottom of the screen and if there is any mention of an IT policy there, then you have one. Removing the IT policy takes only a few seconds and it may solve your problem.

Types of aps that are protected by IT policies may be contact/phone directories; company-owned aps for inventory controls or other databases like payroll, shipping/receiving etc.

PIN/ID
    30697D45
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~no mention on an IT anywhere.. Should I just go with the os upgrade

PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    If the app is still there and DM isn't seeing it either, then it might be the best route.

PIN/ID
    30697D45
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~and you said to go to the verzion site to get the upgrade is that right?

PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Well you can use the links I gave you above to just do an OS upgrade, but if you want the same OS you are currently running then the Verizon site should have it.

If it was me I would want to upgrade/wipe my device, but that's me

The purpose of the whole thing though is to get the OS you have on your BB now installed on your PC so DM will recognize installed apps.

Bluebell Wood no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Before you do an upgrade try deleting the modules for the application.

Go to options > advanced options > applications, hit menu key and select modules. If you find any for the application you deleted, delete them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast