I have a blackberry 8700f. I've just updated it which has been the latest version ... General Blackberry forum

lazypics no está en línea Stack level 1

Help

Advertisement

I have a blackberry 8700f. I've just updated it which has been the latest version from Blackberry Desktop Manager and its not rebooting and just sitting on the intro screen? - Any Ideas? (Its been like this for a good 20mins or so)?

Sorry - to clarify - The latest version being "the firmware" from Blackberry themselves (which is auto updated through the desktop manager)...

What version OS is it, and where did you get it?

When I plugged it into the computer to do the Desktop Manager thing, you click on Application loader. It gave me options on the next screen to update the phone (or so it appeared) - I clicked Next and it seemed to do it really quickly.

Unfortunately I didn't get the update number but what i can tell you is I have:

Desktop Manager Version 4.1.0
    According to the Stats the device is on 4.1.0.319 (? If that means anything?

Since then the phone just hangs on the first screen with the eggtime spinning around - the power button doesn't do anything other than switch the screen from low to high brightness on the screen. Strangely if you press the ALT num or Caps key, the symbols appear in the top right corner of the screen?

Sorry I can't explain the problem any further, is there a master reset button anywhere?

Thanks for your help

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~DO NOT do a master reset of any kind. Sometimes the devices take a little while to install the firmware. My old verizon bb took almost half an hour to initalize. Just be patient. J