Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

i found you post, forgive me for being a blackberry 'tard, but i downloaded the ... General Blackberry forum

mmmmargot no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

i found you post, forgive me for being a blackberry 'tard, but i downloaded the desktop manager 4.6 and then clicked the thread for the latest upgrades, which one do i use?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    You can use any of them as long as you delete the vendor.xml before installing. I would go with the newest let me look through them and see what is there. Just to comfirm you are using the 8100, correct?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Looks like the .124 is the best choice. Download from HongKong or one of the others.

i went to blackberry.com and clicked device software, then clicked update. it downloaded the whole thing then restarted my computer, then i went back to the website and clicked update again, and it immediately brought up application loader and said that i was running the latest version.. but it says that im using 4.2.1.107 on my phone

now im doing what you told me.. i clicked hong kong and then the first one to download..

do you know how to delete the languages when it doesnt give me any options to delete anything besides scrabble, colorpearl, and facebook?
    Last edited by mmmmargot; 02-14-2009 at 11:17 PM.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Thats the latest official from your carrier. You can get a newer one buy downloading and installing it yourself from your PC. You can go here and download the 4.5.0.124 and then go to c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader and delete the vendor.xml and use the app loader to install.

so ive finally downloaded it, and deleted the vendor.xml, now how to i upload it with the app loader?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Connect your device and then go to c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader and click on the loader file there.

it says that the bb desktop software doesnt have the bb device software for the device you have connected to the computer. contact you wireless service provider

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Are you sure you downloaded and installed the OS that was for your device. It has to be the OS for the 8100.

yeah, i clicked hong kong from the link i copied and pasted, then it brought me to the blackberry site and i just hit back from there and it brought me to a page that said 8100 so i know for sure i downloaded the right one

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    After downloading did you run it? Go to control panel and click on add/remove programs and make sure it installed.

blackberry device software updater? its there

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Nope find the file you downloaded from Hong Kong and run it. That will install it to your PC. Then you should be able to upgrade.

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaay it worked!! thanks you soooooo much!!

Dansnov1086 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245FEDBE
    Moderncowboy, you're so helpful, a true testament to how great Pinstack is.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast