Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

its so slow and driving me crazy!! about a week ago it was fine then, ... General Blackberry forum

mmmmargot no está en línea Stack level 2

heeelp! my blackberry is sooooo sloow!

Advertisement

its so slow and driving me crazy!! about a week ago it was fine then, all of a sudden it became ungodly slow. i haven't installed anything new, so i don't think it could be a virus. i took the battery and the sim card out for a day and that didnt help and i have no idea what to do

here is what it does:
    - when typing text messages, BBMs, or emails i have to type 3-5 words then wait anywhere from 5-20 seconds for those words to actually appear
    - when getting a phone call it will: vibrate only once then say i have a missed call, will vibrate and flash but not say incoming call and wont answer if i press talk, or will show the persons name and wont let me answer, but occasionally it is nice enough to let me answer
    - it constantly has the arrows at the top right (symbolizing the sending and receiving of information i think) on, which they never used to be
    - the sand time capsule thingy is always on the screen, even if i'm not doing anything
    - pressing the end button takes about 20-25 seconds before it actually exits
    - even moving from icon to icon takes waaaay longer than it ever used to
    - the internet isn't even worth using because its so slow (and i am an internet junkie)
    - the event log is filled with stuff just from the past hour
    - twice the screen has gone white and just says error reboot (or something) i press the trackball and it reboots and deletes everything (text messages, etc)

there is nothing that is of normal speed, its driving me crazy and i am about to toss the phone into oncoming traffic just to watch it get torn to pieces over and over again..

any help on this would be very much appreciated!

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    What does your memory look like? Options>Status> file free.

9741968 free out of 64356352 bytes

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Looks like you might need to free up some memory. You can clear your browser cache, call logs, event logs and delete any apps and themes you don't use and see if it helps.

i just tried that and it didnt seem to help : (

makenzie678 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    -
    ~via smartphone~
    What kind of BB do you have sweetie? I have had this problem too. Do you have a memory card?

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    sounds very strange. although 9mb of memory isn't great,it's not extremely bad for a pearl and shouldn't be causing these issues. what os are you running? even if it's the latest os for your phone it might help to reinstall it. if your not running the most current upgrade to the latest. make sure you do a backup before installing a new os so you can maintain your settings.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

CrunchDude no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via smartphone~

I'm convinced that it's either a bad device (how long have you had it?), but 9MB's?

Just try it. Do you have themes that are 1-2MB? Delete them.

Games, too many GPS apps, just check in Desktop Manager as to which items you have and free up at least 15-20MB of software. You can always re-ad them later if this will fix your BlackBerry. It's worth a test, is it not??

Before we speculate any further, do that and report back to us. I had a similar problem with my Bold which also became quite slow after I loaded unnecessary 2MB animated themes on it. Lol

I hope this will help you!

i have the pearl 8100, no memory card, i have os 4.2 and ive had the phone for about 7 months..

and another weird thing i just noticed, is that things i uninstalled awhile ago, such as the trooper typing, are still icons, maybe they stay there permanently? i had quite a few games, so i deleted a bunch, the only things left on my bb (that i can delete anyway) are:
    bb core applications
    system software
    attachment service
    maps
    messenger
    brickbreaker
    browser
    colorpearl
    facebook
    help
    memopad
    phone
    scrabble (i kept one game, i had to haha)
    tasks

and that brings me to 13mbs free..

i cleared my browser cookies, etc and texts yesterday.. i dont know if theres anything else i can delete.. i heard you can delete the languages and stuff? ill look up how to do that and how to upgrade the OS

its a tiny bit faster so maybe were getting somewhere!!

ok, posts say to go under the application loader on the desktop manager to delete the languages, etc, but its not on mine.. the only 3 things i have the option to delete are colorpearl, scrabble, and facebook : (

Certain apps also cause your BB to run slow. Try deleting them and seeing if its faster. You can allways re install the app. ~via smartphone~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Upgrading the OS will probably help some. The 4.5 removes some files to add space. If you download ringtones and pictures without a media card that will eat up memory faster than anything. If you decide to upgrade we will be around to help you get it done. Its very simple. ~via smartphone~

theres nothing else i can delete

tmobile.com also says that the version i have (4.2.107) is the latest os.. i thought they came out with 4.5?

i would love it if youd help me upgrade! : )

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Go to one of my previous posts and check out my blog. There are links explaining how to upgrade. I will be back at my pc soon and will help you as much as I can.~via smartphone~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast