Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Guys (and ladies) I have a BB 8830 on Sprint (V4.2.2.123) and cant read Hebrew ... General Blackberry forum

MNBB no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Hebrew on BB browser (read: HELP)

Advertisement

Guys (and ladies)
    I have a BB 8830 on Sprint (V4.2.2.123) and cant read Hebrew on it. I am not that familiar with BB or with the terms used here (cod, alx) so I hope someone can send me those files and explain what to do with them.
    Much Thanks!!

trabizadeh no está en línea Stack level 1

Hebrew for Curve

Hi,

I'm really glad you got it working. Can you pleeeease help??? I need the Hebrew to communicate with my familly. Please email me at trabizadeh@gmail.com

Thanks in advance,

Tomer

Quote Originally Posted by dojomaster View Post
    I DID IT!!!!
    this is how i did it:
    1. i downloaded the OS for 8700v which i knew it could read hebrew websites.

2. i i found the 'Semitic language support' .COD file. one part of the solution is to understand that RIM is calling hebrew and arabic for Semitic and has one file for both languages. i was only looking for a file with hebrew in it before that....

3. i made an .alx file just like the one present for the korean language support and putted it in the '7100-v4.1.0.292_P1.8.0.144' folder.

4. i putted the .COD file in the java folder.

5. i ran the app loader, selected the Hebrew font, the device restarted, and Hurra !!!! i can see hebrew!!!!

i have just checked and i can read mails in hebrew and i guess that sms's too.

if anyone needs the cod files and more feel free to contact me.
    BTW the hebrew is displayed correctly from right to left

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234