Ok, I have a 7100i that is running version 4.1.0.376. I tried to get help ... General Blackberry forum

boblincoln no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3180B706

Question Having trouble with my blackberry still

Advertisement

Ok, I have a 7100i that is running version 4.1.0.376. I tried to get help on here, but nothing worked. I took it into the store, and they said that my problem is an actual software update and can't be changed...but I don't buy that answer cause of a few reasons.

MY ISSUE: When I delete an email from 4 out of 5 of my accounts, it asks me if I want to delete it from the mailbox & handheld or just on the handheld. I hate this prompt soooooo much, cause I get tons of spam mail.

How can I turn this off? I have 2 gmail accounts, an AOL account, a work account, and the @nextel.blackberry.net account.

NOW, one of my gmail accounts does not require me to verify to delete it on just the handheld. However, all my accounts are set up the exact same in the Email>General Settings.

Why must I have to verify where to delete this email from? How can I turn it off? Please help fellow stackers. Much thanks.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Having trouble with my blackberry still

The only way I know of to not get that message would be to delete the email accounts from your BB. Note if you delete from just the handheld it will delete from your messages icon, if you delete from mailbox it will delete from you specific email icon as well. That has nothing to do with your email account you access from the web.

If I have left something out or am incorrect in any area someone please jump in...

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

This is set under Messages->Options->Email Reconciliation. You need to set Delete On for all email accounts. Note that you have select an account in the Message Services field, set the Delete On option and then repeat for every integrated account. In other words, there's no universal setting for all accounts.

Don't forget to save when you exit!

PIN/ID
    3180B706

A picture may help explain my dilemma better. Here is a screen shot of two of my accounts. The first one is for my gmail account that doesn't ask me where I'd like to delete from. The second is from one of the numerous accounts that asks me where I would like to delete from. Do you see how it is missing the following field? Sorry about the blurry pic, but you can probably get the jist. Keep in mind, in the second pic I'm showing you my @nextel.blackberry.net settings...but it looks exactly the same for my other Gmail account, AOL account and work account.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

You might want to delete the service books for the ones that don't have the option. Then resend your service books. This may help. I would try it one account at a time.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    3180B706

Thumbs up Re: Having trouble with my blackberry still

SUCCESS! Rcbjr, much thanks! One last question though....

I haven't deleted my @nextel.blackberry.net yet because I'm scared of how to get it back. Do I just add it again under my BIS?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

You should just be able to resend the service books after you delete them. Usually online or on the device.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I change my tmo.blackberry.net address every time I get a new BB (or if I am sick of the previous name LOL). Works perfectly. But I was told that I had an email address attached to an old BB. I asked if I could get it back and was told I couldn't. Then I heard from someone that I could after 90 days (I THINK).

You can delete service books from the device but you have to resend them from your BIS site.

PIN/ID
    3180B706

Ok, so if I delete my @nextel.blackberry.net account from BIS online, can I get the same exact email address back? Sorry if you answered it...it's just that nobody seemed real sure.

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

I believe you can, under 2.0, if you erase your nextel.xxxxx account, you can have the exact email address back unless you are so unlcky that while you do this, someone else chooses the exact address that you had.

PIN/ID
    3180B706

Is anyone absolutely for sure about what happens if I delete my @nextel.blackberry.net account? I definitely don't want to lose mine.

We solved 90% of the problem I was having and now we're just left with this last one. Thanks for the help everyone!

Davek283 no está en línea Stack level 1

Can you not just delete your nextel email account off your blackberry, go to your BIS and resend your service books? I don't think you have to delete the nextel account from BIS, just resend.