Hi - my wife's Pearl is with Orange UK. There is a web browser icon ... General Blackberry forum

Gar-williams no está en línea Stack level 3

Have Web Browser But Cannot Access Other Websites

Advertisement

Hi - my wife's Pearl is with Orange UK. There is a web browser icon and she can access Orange's mobile internet site (Orange World). But she cannot access any other website - just get an HTTP 500 Error. I tried calling Orange to sort this out but was told that they do not have the settings for this handset (Orange do not currently supply the Pearl - closest is the 7130), and helpfully directed me to www.Blackberry.com. No obvious links there either. Any ideas guys?

BTW: are there any threads yet for nominating totally crap mobile operators? I reckon Orange UK must come pretty close to being #1. I'm with Vodafone and nothing is ever a problem for these guys.... Orange UK - might as well be talking to a bunch of lobotomised sheep

Season's greetings to all (except Orange UK!)

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7
    I don't know what they mean by "settings". Pull the battery, resend the service books. Odds are that one or both will resolve the matter.

Gar-williams no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thank Ljbyar and Takeshi. I tried the resend and hard restart routes but no joy. Also found something about deleting service books and resending from BIS - did that and now don't have any browser functionality at all! Looks like another call to Orange will be required after Christmas....joy!

Re the 2 links above: I had looked at browser settings to compare with my Vodafone Pearl... changing the settings is not an option, or at least it doesn't appear that I can change them. Oh well!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me