Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm not talking email, or a calender reminder. I'm talking you're on your way to ... General Blackberry forum

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5

Has your BB ever saved the day

Advertisement

I'm not talking email, or a calender reminder. I'm talking you're on your way to the office and you realized you didn't finish typing that proposal. So you fir up "BB notepad", or "word to Go" and open said letter ( because you saved a copy to your BB of course) and finish typing it on the train, bus, or at every stop light you come to. Or Maybe you forgot to input some figures in a spreadsheet that's due. You access your PC via remote straight from your BB, upload the file, enter the numbers using "Excel to Go", and save it back to PC ready to be accessed over the network. OK maybe the examples are a little extreme but I know some of us use our BB's to their full capabilities.

Please give a brief description of how your BB got you out of a jam, or give some "rule of thumb" type of advice that may prevent future problems.

I myself keep copies of letters, emails, receipts, etc. on my BB for back up, and easy 24 hour access. I also keep a copy of my resume. I keep them in original format, and i convert them to TXT files for easy editing in BBnotepad. Voice recorder is helpful at meetings, or to record contracts ( along with paper copies and signatures of course).

Sherobin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2157E9CE
    I keep hearing about this bb notepad. Where can I download it over the air?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5

360Challenge no está en línea Stack level 3
    the notepad comes with the operating system its actually called memopad

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Check the link 360 its actually called "BB notepad" its better than memopad. you can save to SD and it save in txt format so you can create,edit, and save any txt file.

kingbapho no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3024BC9C
    Yeah this app is tight !

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Very tight. A must have for any BB user. Its free too!

dcmom no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yes my berrysaved the day when both my kids had reports due on the same day. One ended using the computer and the other ended up using my Berry.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

* Safiy:
    Check the link 360 its actually called "BB notepad" its better than memopad. you can save to SD and it save in txt format so you can create,edit, and save any txt file.

Can one email a file created with this program to another person? Also is there a compatible MS computer program that I can use to open documents created with Bb Notebook?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Oops, I meant Bb Notepad not Bb notebook in my last post.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    I haven't tried yet but i believe u can add txt files as an attachment. BB notepad uses .txt format, so any app that can open txt files can open a file created with BBnp. Word, Open Office, notepad (PC) etc
    Last edited by Safiy; 11-22-2008 at 04:23 PM.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yes, I sometimes take random notes here and there that comes useful from time to time. I know I don't fully take advantage of my BB capabilities but I sure try. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yes, I just emailed myself a Bb notepad attachment and it worked great. I already have word to premium ed. But This app doesn't seem as sluggish so it's nice to use when I don't need the full features of word to go. One thing I did find though is that word to go won't open up files created with Bb notepad. Still a great app though. Thank you for the link Safiy. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

chrisbc no está en línea Stack level 2
    BB Notepad looks like a very useful app. Thanks for mentioning it. Just downloaded the OTA, and love how easy it is to pull the file from my Blackberry to my laptop.
    The maker of Viira: GTD BlackBerry app

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Quote Originally Posted by dcmom View Post
    Yes, I just emailed myself a Bb notepad attachment and it worked great. I already have word to premium ed. But This app doesn't seem as sluggish so it's nice to use when I don't need the full features of word to go. One thing I did find though is that word to go won't open up files created with Bb notepad. Still a great app though. Thank you for the link Safiy. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I just opened a file created with BB notepad with word from office 2007, notepad, wordpad, and dreamweaver. Word converted the file, but it opened it no problem. I haven't tried to in word to go, but i'm about to.
    Last edited by Safiy; 11-22-2008 at 08:18 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast