Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by archer6 Thanks for the detailed report. I must say that I'm a ... General Blackberry forum

PIN/ID
    AskMe

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Thanks for the detailed report.

I must say that I'm a bit miffed at RIM for the less than stellar OS (all of them) for the Bold. As a device that "was" promoted as their flagship, it is lacking in it's functionality, due to OS issues which have still not be resolved. While I find .167 to be the best on my Bold, it still has some issues that AT&T acknowledge as "known issues with no fix presently". IE: RIM may or may not be working on them. Who knows where it stands in RIM's priority list, and what the timeline would be like before we see an AT&T branded upgrade. All issues which I find quite unacceptable. Had it not be billed as the "top of the line executive device" my expectations would be different.

That said, what further irritates me is to hear the 8900 has a better OS. And yet conversely that's good news for Curve owners, and not something that surprises me since RIM had the benefit of learning from it's prior mistakes. I feel as though I may be speaking for other Bold owners when I say "if I'd known the 8900 would have been released so soon after the Bold I would have waited".

I'm torn, as I have truly become attached to the size, the keyboard and everything about the Bold except it's frustrating performance issues. What do do? If I had any clue that RIM would fix the OS issues properly and do so with a release for AT&T I would wait. Not knowing however is another thing. Why an AT&T release? Because I do understand the intricacies of each 3G network and an OS properly optimized for AT&T would be the ultimate.

A very frustrated BlackBerry advocate.
    I understand where you are coming from Leonard and I must say, had I known the 8900 would be so soon I would have told you to wait and not pushed you into the arms of Boldy with my speeches about how perfect it is.
    Mind you on the Rogers network the Bold is amazing and the only issue there is the one on the browser.
    I know youre a curve lover at heart but you found your perfect match in a Bold, hoping that the latter gets the promised or shall i say the due fixes.
    You know who to contact if ever you want a 8900 I have to say I would oblige to send you one if you requested it .

Also I understand where you are coming from about waiting for an ATT Branded release and I agree with you, the reason some carriers wait longer than others before releasing an update is because that said update has to be tested on the carrier's network and is made FOR THAT NETWORK.

I personally feel like RIM thinks the Bold is "good enough for now" and has moved on to fixing the Storm while making sure the 8900 stays perfect and will eventually in the near future, i hope, come back to the Bold.

Let me know how you feel.

monim361 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    248fd367
    Nice! You got one sexy family =D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Can I get an unlocked 8220?? LOL

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    Can I get an unlocked 8220?? LOL
    You definitely can my close friend wants to sell his. Lets take this to PM if you're interested

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    I personally feel like RIM thinks the Bold is "good enough for now" and has moved on to fixing the Storm while making sure the 8900 stays perfect and will eventually in the near future, i hope, come back to the Bold.
    I'm thinking that perhaps RIM will work more closely with AT&T once the "flurry of new BB's" are out. According to my corp rep, the bold is indeed their flagship, corp device. Meant to replace the 8820, they are serious about getting the bugs worked out. So it's a matter of timing at this point.

However I no longer feel in need of a better OS, now that the .210 build is working so well on my Bold. Time will tell, but I'm really feeling good about it this time around.

Or am I dreaming......?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I'm thinking that perhaps RIM will work more closely with AT&T once the "flurry of new BB's" are out. According to my corp rep, the bold is indeed their flagship, corp device. Meant to replace the 8820, they are serious about getting the bugs worked out. So it's a matter of timing at this point.

However I no longer feel in need of a better OS, now that the .210 build is working so well on my Bold. Time will tell, but I'm really feeling good about it this time around.

Or am I dreaming......?
    At this point ... We can only hope
    But as for you, i am certain you would know it if there was something wrong with your device

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12