Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So yeah as you all know I got a 8900 last week but didnt even ... General Blackberry forum

PIN/ID
    AskMe

Happy Family !

Advertisement

So yeah as you all know I got a 8900 last week but didnt even open it and sent it to Hayden as the big boss wanted one lol.
    Look what i found on my work desk this morning ...

Happy Family !!

Too bad i lent Mr.Bold to somebody. Ill take a bigger family picture when he comes back lol.

God im bored :P

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You're a lucky man, OT!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    haha well thank you Roger !
    Anybody else care to share a picture of their happy family ?
    And no kids/wifey/hubey/dogs allowed lol HAHA
    Last edited by ranxoren; 12-18-2008 at 12:05 PM.

I believe I'm about to get a Bold for myself, so will be hitting you and Archer up for advice!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Oh definitely go ahead with it. The Bold is an amazing device when you get a properly working one !

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    I agree! Mine is fantastic..... Beautiful BB BOLD she is..........
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Oh definitely go ahead with it. The Bold is an amazing device when you get a properly working one !
    And that is the operative phrase right there! Poor Archer has made me a little gun shy about getting one with all the issues he had, but I think I'm going to go ahead with it, then probably replace it when the 3g Curve comes out next year.

StephenGuy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30636d59
    Can you make one of those appear on my desk? Pretty please
    -Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    lol
    Rogers ill be honest my first Bold was perfect and my close friend's first Bold was perfect as well. Archer wasnt lucky thats what it is.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by stnkyq2 View Post
    I agree! Mine is fantastic..... Beautiful BB BOLD she is..........
    What Bold do you have? Rogers or AT&T?
    And what OS are you running?

Thanks

So yeah as you all know I got a 8900 last week but didnt even open it and sent it to Hayden as the big boss wanted one lol.
    Look what i found on my work desk this morning ...

Happy Family !!

Too bad i lent Mr.Bold to somebody. Ill take a bigger family picture when he comes back lol.

God im bored :P
    So if you had to pick just one, which would it be?

Why?

I'm sure everyone would like to hear from you in terms of pros and cons of each of your "family" including the Bold.

Cheers

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Hmm if i had to pick one ...
    Well i am currently using the Storm 9530.

I dont know if you remember the first iPhone Keynote by Steve Jobs and how he hammered the qwerty devices saying that if something was to be added in the future there wouldnt be any room for improvement because of that said qwerty keyboard ?
    Thats the way i see the Storm, OS updates can make it a COMPLETELY different phone if RIM decides to do so.
    Its powerful enough to support an update that would make it run a TOUCHSCREEN ORIENTED BB OS as opposed to the one it currently has which you can tell isnt made for touchscreens, just adapted to it.

The Bold is an amazing device feels REALLY luxurious and i LOVED it.
    My only concern about it is that again i feel like its a transition device for all the reasons i mentioned in another post (mini-usb, design etc...).
    I LOVED the leather back but the size of it and the feel of it were not to my liking after a couple months of use.

The Flip is my little protege lol. Lots of people quickly dismiss it but I believe its a great device, not aimed at the usual BB demographic indeed but still a great device.
    It does what all the other ones do yet in a smaller form factor that i can just throw in my gym bag and not worry about. Love it.

The Curve 8900, last but DEFINITELY not least, is I find a compromise between the Bold and the Storm.
    It has a full qwerty keyboard yet has the feel of the Storm and i LOVE it.
    It contains as you all know all the improvements of the Storm (camera, lock key etc...) yet still keeps that usual Curve look and feel.
    Leonard i agree with you it will be the most popular of all these and will sell amazingly.
    Also the Curve 8900 feels like it has the best build quality and the OS was AMAZING right out of the box.

Out of all 4, 3 of them had to be upgraded to be good devices, the 8900 came with a good OS right away.

There

Any questions ? Special requests ?

ps: if i had to pick ONE and ONLY one it would be either the Storm or the 8900.
    Last edited by ranxoren; 12-18-2008 at 01:32 PM.

Well put, OT! Thanks very much for the report!

PIN/ID
    AskMe

Also the Curve 8900 feels like it has the best build quality and the OS was AMAZING right out of the box.

Out of all 4, 3 of them had to be upgraded to be good devices, the 8900 came with a good OS right away.

There

Any questions ? Special requests ?

ps: if i had to pick ONE and ONLY one it would be either the Storm or the 8900.
    Thanks for the detailed report.

I must say that I'm a bit miffed at RIM for the less than stellar OS (all of them) for the Bold. As a device that "was" promoted as their flagship, it is lacking in it's functionality, due to OS issues which have still not be resolved. While I find .167 to be the best on my Bold, it still has some issues that AT&T acknowledge as "known issues with no fix presently". IE: RIM may or may not be working on them. Who knows where it stands in RIM's priority list, and what the timeline would be like before we see an AT&T branded upgrade. All issues which I find quite unacceptable. Had it not be billed as the "top of the line executive device" my expectations would be different.

That said, what further irritates me is to hear the 8900 has a better OS. And yet conversely that's good news for Curve owners, and not something that surprises me since RIM had the benefit of learning from it's prior mistakes. I feel as though I may be speaking for other Bold owners when I say "if I'd known the 8900 would have been released so soon after the Bold I would have waited".

I'm torn, as I have truly become attached to the size, the keyboard and everything about the Bold except it's frustrating performance issues. What do do? If I had any clue that RIM would fix the OS issues properly and do so with a release for AT&T I would wait. Not knowing however is another thing. Why an AT&T release? Because I do understand the intricacies of each 3G network and an OS properly optimized for AT&T would be the ultimate.

A very frustrated BlackBerry advocate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast