All, I searched for a previous thread on this but did not see one. Hopefully ... General Blackberry forum

dachish no está en línea Stack level 1

Hanging on a specific item during sync

Advertisement

All,

I searched for a previous thread on this but did not see one. Hopefully I didn't just overlook it.

I've run into this issues with pretty much every Blackberry I've had to deal with as well as pretty much any version of the BB Desktop Manager I've ever used. Basically, a user will go to sync and it will start to sync the calendar and get to a given item, hang, and then crash the application. Today for example, I had a user who was syncing and his BB was hung on item 681 in his calendar and it paused there during syncing then after a moment, the BB Desktop Manager crashed.

Does this maybe relate to a specific item in the calendar? Is the 681st item on his calendar corrupt or have something in it that the BB doesn't like? And does anyone know of a good way to get rid of the problem without having to count 681 items and removing it from Outlook?

Any suggestions would be great, thanks!

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Sorry you/ user are having issues. When desktop manager crashes does it give you an error message? If so, what is it?

In general if no error is displayed it is usually a MAPI issue.
    Wired calendar synchronization fails; no error is displayed

Doc ID : KB14518
    Last Modified : 2007-12-13
    Document Type : Support

Print this page

Environment

• BlackBerry® Desktop Manager
    • BlackBerry smartphones

Problem

Synchronization of calendar data between the BlackBerry smartphone and Microsoft® Outlook® fails. No error is displayed.

Cause

BlackBerry Desktop Manager may be configured to use a Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) profile other than the default Outlook profile.

Resolution

To resolve this issue, perform the following:
    Configure the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software to use the default Outlook MAPI profile

1. In BlackBerry Desktop Manager, double-click Redirector Settings or Email Settings.
    2. Click the Advanced tab.
    3. Click Profile Settings.
    4. Select the Always use this profile option.
    5. From the drop-down list, click the Outlook MAPI profile.
    6. Click OK.
    7. Click OK.
    If synchronization continues to fail, perform the following:
    1. On the computer, create a new MAPI profile. For instructions on how to create a new MAPI profile in Microsoft Outlook 2000, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 195718. For Microsoft Outlook 2002 users, see article 287072. For Microsoft Outlook 2003 users, see article 829918.
    2. Configure the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software to use the new MAPI profile. For instructions, see KB03650.

dachish no está en línea Stack level 1
    Well it was set to default, so I'll try those KBs and see. It's odd that it happens out of the blue the way it does.

Thanks for the info!

natesax7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244d259a
    Might try the calendar settings on the device to not load so many contacts at one time. In the settings for the calendar you can change the synch options for how far back the DM will load appointments. Try changing this from 60 days to 30 and see if you get anywhere with it.

Hope this helps

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    I've seen this issue on BES before with both contacts and calendar entries...haven't seen it on DM though. Like you said...on the BES issues it was caused by corrupt data. I fixed it by exporting the address book and calendars to csv and reimport.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

eastend no está en línea Stack level 1
    tough call