I just purchased a new Blackberry 8703e from Verizon and overall have been very pleased ... General Blackberry forum

jarodorrell no está en línea Stack level 1

Handling Birthdays?

Advertisement

I just purchased a new Blackberry 8703e from Verizon and overall have been very pleased with it. That is, until today, when I realized that the contacts do not carry a date field and have no way of syncing a user defined data field with a birthday field in Outlook.

This is disappointing - one of the best things about having my Palm was that I never missed another birthday. Anyone know of a work-around here? I want something that will keep a birthday associated with a contact and put it in my calendar. Thanks for the help!

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Handling Birthdays?

Goto Calendar and add as many birthdays as you want heh.

nik0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Well, you can add a Birthday field to your address book entries. Just go to any contact in your address book, hit menu, and go to edit. Scroll down to the bottom and you will see User1, User2, etc. go to one of those fields, hit menu again, and click on Change Field Name. You can now name it Birthday. (this is coming from a BB Pearl, but instructions should be similiar) ... not too sure about syncing but that'll give you a field. You'll only have to edit one contact, the rest will be updated too.

nimocone no está en línea Stack level 3

It worked just as you described on my 8800. Hopefully the date will pop up too when it's time. Thanks!

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Quote Originally Posted by nik0
    Well, you can add a Birthday field to your address book entries. Just go to any contact in your address book, hit menu, and go to edit. Scroll down to the bottom and you will see User1, User2, etc. go to one of those fields, hit menu again, and click on Change Field Name. You can now name it Birthday. (this is coming from a BB Pearl, but instructions should be similiar) ... not too sure about syncing but that'll give you a field. You'll only have to edit one contact, the rest will be updated too.
    Thanks! I did not know that...you learn something new everyday!!
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

Neither did I, thanks nik0!!!!!!!!

nik0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

No problem, I probaby learned it here to be honest, LOL. I don't remember where I picked that tid-bit up at.