I recently downloaded Digby, Was just snooping around it to see what it's all about, ... General Blackberry forum

kamorm no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21CDB265

Hacking Blackberry

Advertisement

I recently downloaded Digby, Was just snooping around it to see what it's all about, and saw there is a book called Hacking Blackberry. Has anyone read this book is worth a read, if not recommendations on what books are more informative. Thanks in advance.

tjhaskins76 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    244998F

Re: Hacking Blackberry

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I wonder if they have it on Amazon

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8

I glanced through it. Its not hacking in the traditional sense. Its mostly the stuff that's already available on this site. Like unlocking vendor themes and deleting stuff off the phone to free up memory. Nothing ground breaking.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

coldconfessi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

If there was only a way to change the splash screen at startup that would be awesome

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5

Unfortunately there's no way to change the splash screen. Its something that a lot of people want but there's just no easy way to do it. I did read an article somewhere that talked about downloading a program that would allow you to rewrite the code for the splash screen but some of the people said it bricked their phone-so I read no further. Sorry~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F

If you write your own program [okay, even for something as frivolous as the current topic], do yourself a favor and TEST it! RIM makes available BlackBerry emulators for that purpose [or in any case did so last time I looked].

Otherwise, I should expect you would end up with iBrick. How many programs you know worked right on the very first compile and run? Unless you are using sophisticated program-verification techniques, I would say the answer is none.

marrechea no está en línea Stack Level 1

I have to look around!