Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi guys I am currently a sprint person with 7 phones, 3 are bb and ... General Blackberry forum

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42

Guys please give your input!!!!!!

Advertisement

Hi guys

I am currently a sprint person with 7 phones, 3 are bb and 4 are regular. Since sprint is looking like it is not doing to well, I was thinking should I jump to at&t? Is it better or should I jump, please give reason to jump to gsm over cdma. What are the pros and cons.

Thanks,
    Joe

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Guys please give your input!!!!!!

first off you need to really consider the coverage in your area for att&t

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3

I seriously doubt Sprint is going anywhere. If anything, things may be better for consumers if Sprint is reducing costs and hungry for new customers, and eager to retain current ones.
    Andy

boosted03 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e2f95

Gsm is the world standard (well most of it ) . You can travel to about 140+ countries and have a working phone .
    You can migrate from phone to phone with out a call to any one , just put your sim card in the phone .
    You can store upto 250 ph#'s on the sim card , which makes switching phones an even more convenient task . Cheap back up phones ( Ebay or your providers prepaid phones .) One downside i could see is the internet speed ....... Sprint and Verizon have higher phone internet speeds , both ATT and T-mobile have edge only which is still not that bad . Yes i know everyone ATT has the 3G but this post is mainly dealing blackberry's . If you need to have regular phones on the internet as well , I would go with ATT cause of the 3g . T-mobile will be releasing theirs within the year . Now Att is more expensive than t-mobile and there suppose to have the better network , but T-mobile has worked for me and i am in South FL and i have traveled to NC/GA mountains with out much of a problem . I suggest you get a similar phone from each company and try them out and see which one works for you . T-mobile has a 14 day try out ( unless your in CA then its 30 days) & ATT has a 30 day try out period . Good luck in your decision .

PIN/ID
    319CCF42

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i live in nyc,and at&t has good coverage in my area. How would I go about getting out of sprint? Guys thanks for input.

Thanks,
    Joe

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

well if you have a contract you might just want to wait until its over and im with schufly i doubt sprint will go anywhere since they own nextel and almost all goverment companies use nextel for there two way.

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3

If you're in a contract, I'd wait, unless service becomes bad. (Sprint service in my area is sometimes hit or miss.) Or if you are planning on going overseas, it might be time to pay the termination fee (~ $175 to $200 normally), and get an AT&T device. (This is of course if AT&T has good coverage in your area. AT&T seem to have problems in some of the suburbs around here, so I chose to stick with Verizon this go around.)
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

PIN/ID
    319CCF42

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks guys for all your input. I knew I could count on you guys here.

Thanks,
    Joe

JayR no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    SK LX

Quote Originally Posted by fritter View Post
    first off you need to really consider the coverage in your area for att&t
    Let us remember who Sprint and AT&T are. Sprint, no service.. anywhere AT&T, service no matter what

gameboy213 no está en línea Stack level 3

personally I have the best coverage with Sprint where I travel frequently.. LA, NYC, Detroit, Atlanta.....
    and there is no way I am going back to GPRS.... EDGE...... nope.

mrwalleyeman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243ea07a

Also with sprint their data packages are usually alot less than att i made the switch to att a few years ago because of sprint's crappy customer service. I like att and havent had much problems with them
    i have service pretty much every where i go where i didnt with sprint, but i do know that sprint has expanded their service area so i would guess it is hit or miss.
    Fishing isnt a matter of life and
    death its much more important

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

i had att its sucks sprint is so much better
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3

If you'll do any roaming, don't touch att. They'll terminate your contract in a heartbeat!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

AT&T does not charge for roaming any longer. If AT&T has good coverage in your home area, then I would highly suggest going wit them. I tried all the rest & found AT&T the very best. Especially when traveling. I drive 70,000 per year and I always get great coverage.

~via BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

Vealy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK!!

We had Cingular and "HAD" to switch to AT&T.. I havent been happier with any other service provider. I never loose servive or have dropped calls. Thats in Philly at least.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast