Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I'm not sure what the media is saying about this, no one ... General Blackberry forum

DaThunder no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm not sure what the media is saying about this, no one I know has power. See this was not what we expected, soon as I get some lights and the internet back, I'll post some crazy pics. Our town has a lot of work to do, live from Baton Rouge....

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Dathunder....yeh post those pics...yall got it wose than I did over here for sure...we have trees down and roofs off so I'm sure u have better destruction pics than I do. Hope everyone is ok u know and family...I lost 23 people in katrina...

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    23?!

Wow.

Yea, hard part now is when will we get power. Long lines at stores. This is not something we can get used to. Its still raining, have a light breeze, but trying to get some rest is tough, cold showers, cold food, arrrgghhhh.

Yep!! I know what ur goin through..I did it for 3 weeks during katrina....only food was bread that was passed out from military trucks for a while...no ice..nothn..water wasn't drinkable...it was horrible...yeh..23 people I knew passed during katrina.....bad bad bad

JoBelle no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Hey Pmarshall, you know during Katrina you had some nice yummy MREs to eat. (The thought of those still makes me nauseas! LOL)

OK, so everything here was fine. We were on the fringe of things luckily. My house is about 3/4 of a mile from the Gulf of Mexico and we took a pretty nasty blow with Katrina. We are just glad it stayed on course and didn't do some last minute hook to the east. We lost some shutters and large limbs were landing on the roof along with a small river in the back yard that tried to come in the kitchen, but all in all some sandbags and plywood on the windows took care of us. I live glued to the weather sites during the summer. It's my "thing." So I was ok with staying for this even after the horror of three years ago. Nothing can ever get worse than that....I hope.

I think I may be able to capture a picture of the sailboat in the parking lot, just have to sort it. I have some pics and video of our local beach that I would be happy to share if anyone is interested. We normally have a hundred feet between the road and the waterline, but even after the storm was gone, and we were out driving, the water was still lapping at the road and over it in some places. I'm glad I took a few vids of it. Neat to have. Ya know?

OK, too much coffee...too much typing. Hope everyone was ok. And to those who weren't in it, thanks so much for the niceness. Helps loads when you're nervous!
    "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!"

Tried to post pics last night from my bb but looks like ima have to use my pc...bb kept restarting. When it would upload link

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Tried to post pics last night from my bb but looks like ima have to use my pc...bb kept restarting. When it would upload link
    I've tried to post pics from my BB too. It's tough! It takes more patience than I have...and knowledge too, I think. I think you could do it with Opera if you can just stay with it but Opera is another type problem that I just can't deal with unless I just HAVE to.

Hope you guys are OK. What's left of tropical storm Gustav seemed to come over and "blanket" the state of Arkansas. It started raining and blowing @ 5am yesterday and it's still going strong - we're supposed to have 100% chance of this rain and wind all day and all night tonight. We've got a little flooding and trees down here and there. I can't imagine going through the actual hurricane. You guys have my respect AND good thoughts!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Those yummy MREs are here, I won't go out and get any. Have some food at home. The rain is still coming down. Tmobile finally has service again, but I have to find a way to charge my phone.

PIN/ID
    2444409C
    Hmm. Idk what's going ont then since I can post straight from my berry using tinypic.

power is coming on slowly.....

Here comes Ike...

PIN/ID
    2444409C
    How you holding up? I haven't kept up with Ike, is it as bad as Gustav?

Yesterday it was pretty far from hitting land and they don't know exactly where its headed yet..too many factors yet...but it was 125 cat 3 yesterday..havnt looked today to busy watching the southern miss game lol...I went by last night and seen that sailboat..lol crazy..ima go by it today and get a pic and try to post it

Thumbs up

arrgggh, please no Ike...

Last edited by DaThunder; 09-07-2008 at 01:25 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345