Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I live in Utah so I don't have to worry about any ... General Blackberry forum

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I live in Utah so I don't have to worry about any natural disasters, I feel bad for you guys. Wait, o yeah, were supposed to have a HUGE earthquake sometime soon....and I live on the fault....

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    No sorry doesn't mean anything....I'm in long beach ms...right now it is expected we were far enough from the eye wall and only expect a cat 1 mayyyyybe cat2...when u live in this area only cat3 worry us...may be dumb to some people but I stayed in katrina and will never ever ever stay for a cat 3 again. At this point..even if we wanted to leave we don't have time to get out due to roads backed up...so cat 1 and 2 are what we call "no biggie'...just normal preps and all that in case power loss...storm surge isn't a big threat neither 9 -13 feet...but louisianna is gonna be getting this alot harder than we are. I feel bad for them.. But with what katrina did,everyone learned a huge lesson..and arent taking it lightly. Hope fema gets a grip too and is more prepared. Goog luck to all whom are having to go through it! Ill be checking the stacks frequently...

JoBelle no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Hey pmarshall, I'm your neighbor.

I'm sitting in my house on the GUlf Coast too, just waiting for Gustav to go on land. I've lived in this area (New Orleans/Biloxi) my whole life so hurricanes are nothing new to me, but still....once you've had to deal with the wrath of Katrina and her siblings up close, you still worry. This includes things like last minute shifts that can mean a world of difference! That's why I'll be awake allllll night!

In regard to evacuating this time, we just chose not to do it. We packed in case we changed our minds, but after we boarded up the house and took a ride to scope out the evac routes, it seemed a worse choice to leave. We saw the bumper to bumper 5-15mph traffic from horizon to horizon, we decided to stick it out at home.

*sigh* So, now...we listen to the eerie silence between gusts and I answer txt messages to kill time. LOL~!

Jo
    "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!"

ferfious no está en línea Stack level 2
    bless all y'all down there! you are all in my thoughts, and I'm sending every ounce of positive energy i have your way.

one of my oldest friends is a professor in lafayette, but she got the hell out of dodge on friday.

Calm before the storm.....here in LB its really breezy with no rain...we went through a feder band that was pretty nasty but all is calm as of now...thanks from everyone who has said nice things to us who are going through this,means alot. I also would like to say even though I'm goin through 200 miles from the eye,good luck and best to you who is on the imediate left quadriant of the eye wall...ill be thinkn of you. Ill be posting periodically

chsguyi69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215B74E3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Close to Pensacola here. After Ivan from four years ago, I am still rebuilding. My thoughts and prayers for those this storm hits. Do your best to stay safe.

diverdown71 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243D4F46
    I live in Brookhaven, MS and so far just some feeder bands. However during Katrina we got the h**l beat out of us. I hope not again. There can't be anyone left in LA because they are all here in Brookhaven~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Checkn in....gustav is beating down on us right now..45ish mph sustained..and storm surge has already done some flooding from the beach. I'd like to hear from someone in new orleans area and how its doin over there.

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    I do hope it managed better than last time, then again that wouldnt be hard from the rreports we got here in Europe

Yeah def nothing at all close to being like katrina

LunkHead no está en línea Device Pro
    I hope everyone makes it through this safely! You all will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Best wishes!!!

Kris

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Pmarshall, JoBelle and all the others - be safe and stay in touch. We're all thinking good thoughts for you.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Thanks for the support everyone...ill be in touch as long as tmo allows it lol or gustav allows lol..my power just went out so my wi-fi is toast....trees and branches are falling and we have been told by local news that we have been receiving sustained winds of 60ish...yayy..power just came back on lol. I have videos of the storm...I saved them as mms but I'm sure I cant post them on here. Thanks for everyones support and will be back as often as I can! Talk soon.....powers out again......

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Just saw, its only cat 2 so it shouldn't be horrible. Still wish you the best

Blah...sitting inside waiting for this to blow over sux lol

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast