Does anyone know of any problems with Cingy/At&t network for nearly the past 2 hours? ... General Blackberry forum

abaqueen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PMme4it

GSM no Edge

Advertisement

Does anyone know of any problems with Cingy/At&t network for nearly the past 2 hours? I'm in Buffalo,NY. I am only getting GSM, no edge or EDGE - NO DATA!!!

Called Cingy, they want me to backup my BB and send a signal to master reset my BB. I don't trust them so I'm coming to the stacks first for some insight. Any ideas?
    AngieB
    Pin:PMme4it

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro

Re: GSM no Edge

Same problem here in Chicago...gprs then EDGE, then searching...

PIN/ID
    PMme4it

How long, same time frame?

BTW, Cingy told me there are no reported outages.
    AngieB

Noticed it coming and going in the past hour or so. Guess we gotta believe in coincidence tonight.

PIN/ID
    PMme4it

Even more strange is when I go into my BES mail account and try a get/send to retrieve mail it shows gprs (while home screen shows gps) The error says "The radio does not have data service. Try again later. Browser error is standard...not in area that can handle data communication...
    AngieB

Well everything is back to normal with full EDGE. Hopefully you get up and running as well.

kjbmax77 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by abaqueen
    Called Cingy, they want me to backup my BB and send a signal to master reset my BB. I don't trust them so I'm coming to the stacks first for some insight. Any ideas?
    I work for AT&T in blackberry support we have no way of sending a signal to master reset a device, whomever told you that needs to be re-educated, I am certified by RIM and have never heard of that.

as for GSM, best bet is to pull battery and leave it out for a couple of minutes (long enough for the network to drop your tower connection usually) and pop it back in, 95% of the time that will fix it, we can cancel your tower registration manually if neccessary as well which also can help it out. You shouldnt have to master reset to reestablish data connectivity.

PIN/ID
    PMme4it

Please HELP...kjbmax77

The other BB8800 came home an hour or so ago immediately I look at its network it was edge so I'm thinking there is something wrong with my phone.

Anyway that device has never had an os upgrade, so I just gave it an upgrade and now that its back up its on gsm too.

I've pulled the batteries out of both, no change.

The only addition to the device I made which are in common to both devices now is a iphone zen88 theme. But I'm sure this is unrelated. I added it yesterday and had Data to reboot the device for the theme to show. I was on EDGE up til 2-3 hrs before I posted this.

Any ideas?
    AngieB

kjbmax77 no está en línea Stack level 3

hmmmm, check in options under network (or mobile network) double check that data services is set to ON,

PIN/ID
    PMme4it

Yes it is, that was the first thing I did.
    AngieB

PIN/ID
    PMme4it

Somebody...Anybody...

I've been on the phone with At&t, I'm getting desperate, they tell me my phone is not registering on the data network and they have been unable to force it down.

I installed an alarm application and a new theme two days ago but my network problem began a day later. So I don't think it's related just to be on the safe side I used the DM to remove them. I'm just about ready to reset to factory default, remove all my 3rd party apps - what the heck it's a 3-day weekend so....

BTW, let me add there is a second 8800 on my account it has, HAD edge last night then I swapped my sim card into it and it still had GSM, when I put its sim card back, now the second 8800 is stuck on GSM.
    AngieB

PIN/ID
    PMme4it

at & t just told me to go to a store and have them put in a working sim card to see if it acquires EDGE. They are saying its a device problem now. But I don't think that is the case because both 8800 are stuck in GSM. What are the chances both phones would suddenly the same problem. No outages reported for my area.
    AngieB

PIN/ID
    PMme4it

Someone can close this thread because no one can seem to help me out. I'm really frustrated now, I removed all my third party apps and wiped my device. Not to mention my time and date is pulled from the network and on my BB it says today is Sunday Sep 2!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone for your time, Im off to the NEW AT&T to duke it out!
    AngieB