Hi, I'm loving my new sprint curve. I managed to create a group for a ... General Blackberry forum

earthshaker78 no está en línea Stack level 2

Group Ringtone

Advertisement

Hi,

I'm loving my new sprint curve. I managed to create a group for a few of my contacts, eg. Family, work, etc.

Is there any way I can send out an sms to evry1 in a group?

How about asigning a ringtone to a group?

Thanks

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    When you created the group, you needed to specify an address for each member of the list. When doing this, there's nothing to stop you from using either an email address or a mobile phone number, so you can set up a group called Family with your family members in it, but you need a separate entry for each address you'll want to use.

Now, when you use the group to either send an email or text message, you'll get a warning that some of the addresses aren't valid (for the format you're composing), but it will still go to the reachable addresses.

Note that Distribution Lists (in Outlook - not sure what they're called in other supported systems) do not sync to the BlackBerry and therefore can't be used.

If you're in an Exchange environment, Global Distribution Lists typically have an SMTP email address associated with them, and you can create a contact using that address which will be synced to your BlackBerry.
    JerryD

earthshaker78 no está en línea Stack level 2

I was able to creat a group and sms everyone with one sms...But is there any way to assign a ringtone to that group (whith out doing it individually)?

Thank you again